PDA

View Full Version : Guardian's Alchemist Stone

Ikoren
04-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Hey guys. Sorry if I missed a post on this that is elsewhere.
A preemptive thank you for your opinions and feedback.

Time to get a useful trade skill for my tank. I'm already a blacksmith for Herald of LOL and I was thinking of filling the other prof slot with Alchemy.
Consumables=Awesome and the transmutes are pretty good money making.

I'm wondering whether the Guardian's Alchemist Stone might be the clincher.

54 def is alot, but the healing potion buff is pretty much moot, as I'll be popping Ironshields every 2 minutes, not healings.

The one thing I've learned about tank gear in my short time tanking is that there's a situation for almost ANY item. Is this true with the Alchy Stone?

Again, thanks for your opinions and input.

Shortypop
04-30-2008, 12:44 AM
I'm a herb/alc who bought this pattern as soon as I could, but havent yet made it. Mainly because I used to be very close to 490 in normal tank gear, but the 2.4 badges chest has fixed that and the 2.4 badges belt has meant that my hydross gear is now over 490 defense for the first time without flasking.

However, it does remain situationally useful, particularly for resist fights or I know some druids who have made theirs as they seem to have more problems staying crit immune.

I guess it boils down to how close to 490/crit immune you usually sit, whether this trinket would allow you to gem for stam elsewhere, how much nether vortexes are on your server.

Rak
04-30-2008, 04:58 AM
Why not make Figurine - Empyrean Tortoise or use Scarab of Displacement instead of going to these extremes?

ebs2002
04-30-2008, 09:11 AM
One piece with that much def would in fact be valuable, provided you're not a tank who only changes his trinkets based on the fight, as there are better avoidance trinkets out there.

For me, if I were alch I'd use for off-spec tanking (ie going into Kara as fury, or tanking a 5man when I'm not prot). I'd also like to have the freedom to drop def items for more threat. The bonus to healing pots isn't that great, but it has its uses, particularly in 5mans and while grinding (as a prot grinding with dual wield, I frequently have to burn a potion just because I'm not paying attention to my health; i'm killing my 13th mob without stopping and the <LOW HEALTH> pops up and makes me realize that their damage can add up).

It wouldn't make me choose alchemy over something else for the bonus, but if the guild needed an alchemist, I'd find a use for it.

Kamani
04-30-2008, 11:53 AM
It's not worth it.

Pick a mixture of encanting/JC/LW. Enchanting for the 8+ stats, JC for the 18 stam gem and LW for the obvious drums.