PDA

View Full Version : DW dragonstrike

Nuberino
04-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Dual Wielding Dragonstrike

Any reason not to do this, I assume it would depend heavily if the proc stacks or not? That is if the changes to the BOP smithing items go through?

Changes according to MMO Champion are that they are dropping "unique" and changing "main hand" to "one handed"

Corbusier
04-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Rough numbers based on some quick testing:

DS in MH = ~28% uptime = ~59.4 haste averaged over time

You might see 2/3 of that uptime on the offhand, so ~18.7% uptime = ~39.6 haste averaged over time

Dual wielding DS would net you ~99 haste on average.

Compare that to using both badge fists: 21 hit, 23 haste, 44 ap + .7% crit, 21 haste, 44 ap

88ap + .7% crit(~15.5 crit rating) + 44 haste + 21 > 99 haste

That's not even considering the higher base DPS.

Fame
04-29-2008, 12:02 PM
I was thinking about that same thing last night.

the answer sits entierly in

it would depend heavily if the proc stacks or not

If the proc will stack then you have your best set of weapons outside of the Glaives. Not only due to the haste uptime, but due to the same speed weapons having flurry go off 4 times.

If the PTR will still be up when I get home from work, I will try to test it out.

Corbusier
04-29-2008, 12:05 PM
I was thinking about that same thing last night.

the answer sits entierly in

If the proc will stack then you have your best set of weapons outside of the Glaives. Not only due to the haste uptime, but due to the same speed weapons having flurry go off 4 times.

They do stack on the PTR, but they're still not as good as the S3 weapon or badge fists.

Ukyo
04-29-2008, 12:07 PM
There's some pictures on forums that the proc stacks, but i'm guessing blizzard is gonna fix it so it doesn't stack.

- Edit -

DW Dragonstrike (http://anipop.org/double_dragonstrike_2proc.jpg) looks like it stacks

Fame
04-29-2008, 12:09 PM
They do stack on the PTR, but they're still not as good as the S3 weapon or badge fists.

Really? My math-foo is not amazing, so my assumption was just that... an assumption. But.. really? That is sort of disapointing.

Corbusier
04-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Unless my recorded uptime is abnormally low, then yes, really. You'd have to be pushing a 45% MH and 30ish% OH uptime to break even.

Fame
04-29-2008, 12:14 PM
My understanding is that there is no CD on the proc. Having 100% drum of battle uptime & 1-2 heros would certainly increase the uptime of the procs. Are your %'s based on solo or raid environment?

Scargoth
04-29-2008, 05:00 PM
It would be more useful for humans than other races. I suck at pvp so I'm not getting S3+ any time soon, and I'd rather not use fist weapons and lose my racial bonus, so I may as well try the 2x DS.

Lanius
05-08-2008, 09:03 AM
So is Bliz going to take away the Unique rating on the Dragonstrike so you can DW them is the question.

Ukyo
05-08-2008, 11:48 AM
So is Bliz going to take away the Unique rating on the Dragonstrike so you can DW them is the question.

yes, they are

practice
05-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Well, I'm going to make my warrior my new main.. lol

He just hit 67 today. I have one dragonstrike in the bank enchanted w/ mongoose waiting for me. and I'm working on the 20 primal fires for the 2nd weap, along with the primal nethers.

the hard part is the vortex, it was hard for me to get 5 for the first one. My main is a hunter in ssc/tk and I got 5 that way, but officers kinda tossed a fit bout it being for a not - so geared warrior. lol So I might just have to grind the crap out of badges and such to get the nethers/vortex.

I was going to tank for my guild, but we are REAL tank heavy w/ a bunch of druids. lol, so dps here I come.