PDA

View Full Version : Need help on Vashj adds (Coilfang Elites)

darkmatter2012
04-29-2008, 08:52 AM
So in doing Vashj i have been put on adds (The coilfang elites in phase 2).
We are doing it as follows: We have a druid and I tanking. I pull the adds to the druid he tanks them there.
The problem i have is getting them fast enough. Most of the time its NP , but there have been a few times where i will go to berserker stance , charge them and hit them with shield slam , and i dont get agro...they just keep going.
Is there a macro i can use to intercept , do to Def stance , and taunt?
Doing it manually doesnt seem to be quick enough.
Any sugestions would be great, i dont want to embarrass myself any further.

Armstrong
04-29-2008, 09:58 AM
Someone else can probably help you with that macro faster than I could.

However I would recommend that you try to simply Intervene the person who has aggro on the Elite. I personally found it very efficient because it puts you in the mob's path and you prevent it from landing a hit on whichever healer they are headed for. You also aren't losing rage from switching stances, you have access to Taunt and your attacks get the Def. Stance threat modifier.

Of course your mileage may vary. Good luck. :)

Kream
04-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Is there a macro i can use to intercept , do to Def stance , and taunt?

/castsequence reset=10 Berserker Stance, Intercept, Defensive Stance, Taunt

I haven't tested that but it should work.

bludwork
04-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Have a paladin with righteous fury on healing in the middle. Most of the time the nagas will head to healers in the middle area, either the paladin or maybe a priest. There's not much you can do if it heads to a side healer. Your healers will need to learn to use fade/totems to drop healing aggro right when the coilfang elite spawns.

Communicating where they are coming from fast helps too. Btw intervene is better than intercept in this case

Crommi
04-30-2008, 04:23 AM
As we're working on Vashj too atm, I'm planning arrange tanks so that we have them evenly spread around the platform edges. That being said, Elites are not really a major problem for us like Striders.

klor
04-30-2008, 05:15 AM
As we're working on Vashj too atm, I'm planning arrange tanks so that we have them evenly spread around the platform edges. That being said, Elites are not really a major problem for us like Striders.

Striders are an issue because you sound like you have more than 2 tanks. Any more than that is overkill.

I use intervene for the naga. Healers on the outside need to realize they HAVE to stop healing when nagas/striders spawn.

Here is the macro i use for intervene...

/focus
/assist
/cast Intervene
/target focus
/cast Taunt

You have to hit it a few times to get it to work, but it effectively intervenes, taunts, then switches back to your target. I have gotten it to where if I am intervening a long enough distance, then I can taunt mid intervene and the mob never even makes it to the person who pulled agro. Try it out, works on alot of encounters and my guildies comment on my intervenes all the time. Just remember, for this macro to work you have to be targetting the mob...and the mob has to be targetting a player.

Clifford
04-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Here is what works for us:
- Paladin with righteous fury and no salvation in the middle. Always leave people for him to heal.
- Two tanks: one tanking in the middle and the other fetching naga for him when they spawn.
- Clear communication regarding their spawn location (make sure everyone understands where N,S,E,W is. West is basically the bridge you enter on)
- Healers on stairs need to manage their healing agro when the naga spawn.

Hope it helps

Lacunata
04-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Get a Pally healer fpr the middle Group with Rightouse Fury on, so all adds run toward him.

make a Macro for_
"/console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 4"

Scroll the Camera wayback, you can see now a litte "over" the stairs. The Naga`s are so big, you se theur head and scythe when they spawn and start intercepting them real soon. I don`t like to use intercept, sometimes they chance direction and then you screwed, but with the camera wayback you have plenty of time.

Stay in the middle, deselect any targets (target frame blocked sight a little for me at least). Usually i start looking North were the broken Pillar is, and when the respawn timer ist finished i look around in a circle and grab the naga.