PDA

View Full Version : anetheron

Shortypop
04-29-2008, 01:10 AM
Hey, I need some sensible suggestions on tank/healer organisation for this fight.

Background: we are a 5/6, 3/4 guild - I don't want to get into a debate about the pros and cons of going into MH "unattuned" I mention this to show our gear level. I think we've only downed moro twice and kara once, but most of our core raiders have one or two new 2.4 badges gear as well. We've taken to running MH once a week and have downed Rage twice (I havent been to either of those kills, but I think they are pretty smooth).

We usually raid with 7 healers, 4 tanks and the rest dps. For MH thats about 4 or 5 mages/locks for aoe. Tanks are: one prot pally, one warrior, one druid and one either druid/warrior.

We've had about 5 shots at anetheron and seem to be having two problems, one is healing related - dps dieing (not sure why, I need to check wws) and the other is infernal-related. We've tried the prot pally (no fire res) on them and we've tried prot warrior (200 fire res) on them. Both work sort-of ok, but with often only one hunter misd's are not off cd everytime so it gets messy.

What I'm looking for are some suggestions on:
- fire res gear necessary
- suggested ways of picking them up and where to tank them
- is it worth stacking an extra healer or two for this fight, or getting hybrids to heal?
- how many dps on infernals. last time we killed the first one very quick and as i was tanking near jaina she then ran off and started dps'ing the boss
- how does picking up the first one and only starting to dps it when the second one spawns sound, so we always have one near jaina to dps?
- we often run with 4 melee dps I guess and we've left them on boss.
- with our level of gear is it possible to just tank them, maybe both prot warrior and prot pally, or will we take too much damage? Our dps isn't too bad, we get through the waves with time to drink back up I would say 80-90% of the time.

Any suggestions welcome :)

Clifford
04-29-2008, 02:28 AM
Our approach has always been really simple:
(1) I tank the boss near Jaina (tactics guides like Bosskillers were relevant before Jaina and Thrall were buffed)
(2) We put a prot pally on the hill to the left of Jaina.
(3) Everyone spreads out.
(4) When an infernal lands that person runs to the prot pally who taunts it off them. Ranged dps kill the infernal.

- Seven healers should be fine, else get your druid tanks to switch to healing gear before the boss comes.
- No fire resistance is required.
- Buff up the raid with shadow protection.
- Don't forget to HoT the MT.

Worldie
04-29-2008, 04:36 AM
Just to prevent a error, infernals are immune to Taunt, the paladin most likely Exorcism them.

Fayre
04-29-2008, 05:05 AM
One of the key things we found to this fight was tanking the infernals well out of Carrion Swarm range.

Basically what happens in our strategy is that one tank picks up Anetheron and tanks him just at the bottom of the slope into the camp, not too far in. Ideally he's turned towards the ranged dps, so if CS is on a melee, it won't also hit the ranged (and vice versa). MT and melee healers spread out in a semi-circle round the MT so they're not all hit by CS at once. The infernals are tanked near Jaina. Ranged dps clump up together just inside CS range (just under the hill to the left as you're looking at the entrance) to dps Anetheron and move to behind the ballista at the back of the camp to dps the Infernal (if you hug the hillock there, you're out of CS range, which really eases the healing a lot at that time). Two healers are stationed there all the time to heal raid damage (shammy is prob best) and the infernal tank.

The most difficult thing we found is getting people to move FAST towards the infernal tank when they get Infernoed. If you get some plonker stand still in the middle of the melee, then they're all going to get one-shot no matter how many healers you bring. A second tank to help 'collect' the infernals can help, and hunter MDs.

In terms of Fire Res, our infernal tanks have the Flamebane set, the FR neck from the quest chain in SMV and the Magtheridon FR ring, plus a pally aura. The damage isn't horrible to heal but having two healers in the area helps a lot.

Armageddn
04-29-2008, 05:32 AM
1. Fire ress is not needed to complete the fight but it helps i mean u need to get it for illidan anyway =)

2. Tank the boss near Jaina and have the infernal tank stand a little further down the camp beyond the first crossbow and have a hunter kite him down to the tank (the hunter can alternate between MD and feign death). be careful not to kite it through the raid the immolate damage is nasty

Range dps should kill the infernal as soon as it comes up. You will get some help from the npcs down there. Jaina is better to have on the boss at all time

3. 7 healers is enough as long as they spread out in a ring around the boss (have a paladin and a druid stand close to the crossbow so they can heal and HOT the infernal tank

4.wound poison and MS is nice to have on this one

That's how we do it i hope this helps =)

Melange
04-29-2008, 07:28 AM
Just tank the infernal right by the boss and your DPS and healing can spread out in a full circle, and all the healers can reach both tanks.

The infernals can be tanked in full FR or with no FR.

Shortypop
05-10-2008, 12:37 AM
As always many thanks for the help. We downed him last night for the first time. One shotted, although it was messy. We lost too many ranged dps (plus were melee heavy) so at the end I had one infernal on me and the prot pally had two on him (both in some FR gear) unsurprisingly our poor pally healer went oom and we both died with ane at 1% but luckily ane died before the infernals could do too much damage.

I think we got lucky as well as we had a lull after the first two eles for about 15% of ane's health before he spawned another one, plus one spawned on the prot pally's head :)

Clifford
05-10-2008, 03:13 AM
Just to prevent a error, infernals are immune to Taunt, the paladin most likely Exorcism them.
Thanks - just found that out last night when I had a new paladin tank in the fight. I was a bit mystified when he couldn't taunt and then suggested exorcism.

minrog
06-09-2008, 02:52 AM
Our infernal tank has been having troubles surviving on this fight. From parsing the WWS the infernal damage is 92% fire based so FR woulnd't be a bad thing.

As far as the strat involved, we have been using the "tank Ane at the ramp where he comes in and infernal down by Jaina" method. Our Hunters (usually two, sometimes 3) don't always have an MD up but they pull it anyway and then Feign Death when it's past the infernal tank. I know one of them is very skilled at kiting mobs through zones (he takes elite mobs all over the place for fun) but I'm pretty sure if the Hunters practice it they can get it down. They do die when a FD resists though. :P

Clifford
06-09-2008, 04:12 AM
I usually tank the infernal and without any FR (except pally aura). The trick is to build threat really quickly and get all ranged to nuke it down.