PDA

View Full Version : S3 vs Badge Legs + more

Khodumodurno
04-28-2008, 05:01 PM
Hi, I need a hand- for anyone who can use the spreadsheets
I am curious to see what they say about DPS for my character regarding using a specific piece of gear

(I haven't gotten to raid test anything yet and I cannot use any spreadsheet on my mac for some reason)

This is my armory:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Farstriders&n=khodumodurno)

First off, when the Badge vendor opened I bought the LEGS and Crossbow, because I was fairly sure they'd be better than the Zuljin bow and the S3 legs, which i still have.

I'm pretty comfortable with the bow, but the legs ... I just don't know

so bottom line.... Badge Bow + Badge Legs with 2 10 STR gems VS Zuljin bow + S3 Legs VS Badge Bow + S3 Legs

Can I get any opinions or spreadsheet numbers? Again, I do not have a chance to test any setup myself since I am MIA from raiding due to school. Thanks in Advance.

-------
PS: I have been using Berserkers call + Shard, when I got the shard I banked the DST, does anyone have anything to say on the trinkets subject?

Spaceknight
04-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Badge legs are about the same as s3, with s3 being a little better i believe. What you should of bought is the leather leggings which would of added more dps then the plate leggings.

Superspy23
04-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Actually the leather badge legs become less favorable than the plate badge legs with higher end gear because of the scalability of the haste rating. The same is true for the S3 legs because of the armor penetration. I would say that the plate legs will surpass the S3 legs if you are using epic gems. Its pretty close as it is so I'm sticking with my season 3.

Khodumodurno
04-28-2008, 06:48 PM
I don't wear leather :P

Corbusier
04-28-2008, 08:42 PM
I don't wear leather :P
Then you're doing less DPS than you could be doing.

Khodumodurno
04-28-2008, 10:36 PM
One of the advantages of being a warrior is plate, I will always take that road unless there is some vastly superior leather to which plate can't compare, I don't mind a small dps loss. I play a warrior to be a warrior, not a rogue in plate.. wait, if you're a warrior wearing a bunch of leather what are you?

Tanking multiple hyjal mobs indefinately, Getting aggro on a melee BT trash mob and being able to tank multiple hits, I'll keep my plate. :cool:

Cayleb
04-29-2008, 01:32 AM
I play a warrior to be a warrior, not a rogue in plate.. wait, if you're a warrior wearing a bunch of leather what are you?

..Anyone else find that as confusing/contradictory as I do?

That said, being that fury warriors are very much considered "rogues in plate" regardless. If something will be a greater benefit to me than a piece of plate, I will use it. I don't care if it's mail or leather. I was set to buy the plate legs honestly, simply because I was building a haste set. But about a week prior to the patch, I ended up switching permanently to Blood Frenzy, so the leather ones turned out to be the better upgrade.
As far as the other things go, I'd probably prefer going with S3 legs and Zul'jin's bow personally and there's still "some" argument as to whether DST or Berserker's Call should get priority. My computer's never particularly liked spreadsheets, though, and I'm not terribly smart with numbers to boot; so I tend to work off of experimentation and field testing. Corb here could give you some more fleshed out information I imagine.

Corbusier
04-29-2008, 05:48 AM
I do mind a DPS loss. My job is to DPS, therefore I will maximize my potential to the best of my abilities.

If there are two equal items, by all means, take the plate. But if Midnight Chestguard drops tomorrow, I'm sure as shit going to take it.