PDA

View Full Version : Fury Warrior Stats

Seyria
04-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Hey people!

I've been playing wow for quite some time now, and have recently gone back to my warrior to start playing that. I've read a LOT of different fury guides, all are pretty vague about stats and what i really should be aiming for.

My main question being gemming. I've heard that as fury you'll gain much more from gemming pure +str instead of +crit, although when running through my gear i'm finding i was lacking a LOT of crit. So i've started gemming +str & +crit about equally but i'm unsure about at which point i should count my +crit as high enough and stick to stacking +str again.

To keep flurry up 100% of the time (in theory ofc), people mention needing 30% crit. Is this 30% base crit, and assuming that you'll receive buffs like LoTP etc or is 30% the amount you need fully buffed to keep flurry procced then i can start focusing more on attack power.

Stats at the moment are pretty spread out:

(stats whilst in berserker stance, completely unbuffed)

1923 Attack power
27.46% Crit
142 Hit
376 Armor Ignore
44 Expertise
23 Haste

So what should i be aiming on stacking now? Just attack power or should i push my +crit even more to get to that magic 30%?

Thanks in advance for any help! <3

Tatt
04-28-2008, 09:38 AM
I have been messing around with a fury warrior, stats I have seen as vital are 2000AP, 30&#37; crit, and 200 hit if you dw, all unbuffed. Everyone has also agreed that executioner main hand and mongoose off hand is the way to chant.

Seyria
04-28-2008, 09:48 AM
Yeh, thats what i'm sat at with the enchants - so i'll just equally up my stats and they should all get there at about the same time ;)

Kazeyonoma
04-28-2008, 10:07 AM
well, 200hit unbuffed is a bit much imo, as a fury warrior 60&#37; of your damage will come from yellows which only need 142 hit unbuffed, and less than that if you have 3/3 precision. AP should be as high as possible, but anything above 1800 is solid for pre-sunwell gearing. and 30% crit is pretty much standard but keep in mind this is IN zerker since, who the hell dps'es outside of zerker as fury.

Corbusier
04-28-2008, 10:12 AM
The reason you can't find specific numbers is because there aren't any; they change depending on your progression and what gear you have access to. The one hard number is 95 hit (that gives you 9% hit after 3/3 precision), as this is the "soft cap", meaning your special attacks cannot miss. More hit is useful to generate more rage, but more importantly to smooth out the dips in rage caused by successive misses.

ebs2002
04-28-2008, 10:17 AM
33&#37; crit means that flurry will drop ~13.5% of the time (0.67 ^ 5).
30% crit means that flurry will drop ~16.8% of the time (0.70 ^ 5).
27% crit means that flurry will drop ~20.7% of the time (0.73 ^ 5).

It's not a HUGE difference, but it is a difference. At lower gear points, though, you should be stacking strength. Eventually, it reaches a point where crit and strength are equal. I'd say that you should be happy with whatever crit you have in zerker stance; you'll get more agi and crit rating with better gear.