PDA

View Full Version : Badges selection advise

Macksie
04-28-2008, 03:45 AM
Hi there,

My armory link is The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Macksie) and I am after some advise please :)

I am in a guild which runs Kara full once a week and I do one or two other heroics in between but I am definately one of these casuals who is very grateful for the new badge loot! However I am not entirely sure what to go for next and would like some advise.

My choice is either to get the belt next (as it appears to be the 1st choice for most people) however I was thinking more for getting the chest as that is probably the weakest point in my gear. Leg wise I do also have the Curator legs (Wrynn Dynasty) but I am gearing more for EH and stam seems to be a big driver for that which is why I have stuck with my CoT legs.

So thoughts please, do I go Chest->belt->legs as I believe I will?

Side note: I am waiting on Maiden neck but also sometimes use the Chess neck for stat boost. I also am waiting on Aran ring to replace current blue and I do have Illhoof cloak but dont need the armor/defense so use my 'dps' cloak for more threat atm.

Thanks in advance!

Arrivan
04-28-2008, 03:52 AM
The extra armour on Wrynn Dynasty beats the small amount of stamina on Timewarden's. The difference is 9 stam vs 250 armour, and the armour will at least equal the EH from that stamina, if not surpass it. Effective health relies on stamina and armour (and shield block value, which the Wrynn Dynasty Greaves have a very miniscule amount of too), not just stamina stacking.

Aside from that, I'd advise you to get the chest first if you have the badges. The belt is very good though, so get that next. And use Wrynn's, an upgrade is an upgrade :)

Macksie
04-28-2008, 04:57 AM
Hmmm yeah I guess I was focusing too much on the HP side of EH >_< Need to throw one more star or elune in the Wrynn legs (have a hybrid parry/stam from a heroic in one of them at the moment).

Then as for the badges, I currently only have about 40 and as mentioned above I prob only get about 25-30 per week so will wait for the chest =)

Thanks for putting me right on the legs, sometimes I just convince myself something is better when it prob isnt.

Arrivan
04-28-2008, 05:36 AM
I had a little bit of a hard time giving up my Timewarden's when I got Wrynn's, but I just decided that epic = better and left it at that. You at least have the benefit of some kind of proof as to why they're better :)