PDA

View Full Version : BB and Omen

Minirage
04-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Tonight we were doing BB with me (prot warrior) and two ferals. I was jamming away like I always do at about 1200 tps and showing one feral within ~1-3% of me.

Anyway, when I called for transition due to acidic debuff I stopped autoattack and just sb'd. It took that feral past 130% threat to pass me.

Then on another occasion, the 2nd feral - who was a distant 3rd on omen- gained aggro before the 2nd feral.

1. Does KTM still work? We have not used KTM as a guild for a long time.
2. Can you do this fight without a meter?

anyways, any advice?

Elotin
04-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Ye the omen is not very precise durinng the BB encounter but it does give you a feel for where you are when it comes to threat. Personally we stopped doing TPS at around 6-7 debuffs and just stood there autoattacking til one of the other tanks got aggro. I dont think KTM will do you any better then Omen for this encounter and it can be done without a meter, but dont. since it gives no indication of who needs MD or how close you are to eachothers threat.

chengt
04-28-2008, 12:24 AM
Then on another occasion, the 2nd feral - who was a distant 3rd on omen- gained aggro before the 2nd feral.

While Omen is not 100% accurate on this fight, this type of jump is not unusual.
There are lots of times when the 2nd tank immediately gets a knock back or disoriented. And it will either jump to the 1st tank if he was 2nd after his own deaggro or the 3rd tank who would now be 2nd.

Worldie
04-28-2008, 05:42 AM
I'd say that recent version of Omen2 are quite good on BB, they look like almost working perfectly. Obviously you can't exactly rely on it.

Melange
04-29-2008, 07:33 AM
Omen has been terrible on BB. Just generate full threat for 20 seconds then stop until you are passed. If all else fails, pallies FTW. Try to use BoP just after a transition for maximum effectiveness. Another thing I like to do in the fight is if I'm not the first tank, I'll stand with the first BB group.

nimchip
05-18-2008, 01:53 AM
Omen has been extremely hectic for us on BB. Things like hunter pets pop up, people show up on it before the boss is even engaged and stay on a static top spot for the entire fight and so on. I have no idea why this happens but we usually try to make sure everyone has the same version.

Clifford
05-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Had our first few attempts on BB last night (got him to 50%) before a dying felrage target resulted in the inevitable tank death. I did notice how imprecise Omen is. Maybe it is due to the Insignificance debuff?

nimchip
05-25-2008, 01:34 PM
All i can tell you is that it helps a lot if people have the same version. Omen has a version checker which tells you who has what version in your raid that will help you out.