PDA

View Full Version : Anxious Tank looking for suggestions

Vissara
04-27-2008, 08:01 AM
I want to say first off that I've really enjoyed reading through these forums. Being a former end-game Priest, going to a War was a big change for me and the info here has been a big help. I'm still trying to wrap my head around a few things having to do with tanking but I'm starting to get it. My guild is looking to start Kara and Heroics soon and I just wanted to try to gauge where I stand as far as gear.

Vissara on Archimonde

Not sure if the armory has updated yet or not, but in case it hasn't, I am currently using Felsteel Helm (12 sta, 12 sta, 4 def/6 sta), Delicate Eternium Ring (Instead of Ring of the Stonebark), Adamantine Figurine, and just picked up Inuuro's Blade and Gyro-Balance Khorium Destroyer (w/ 12 sta). I've also swapped out Mark of the Ravenguard for Strength of the Untamed.

I'm just looking for some advice or suggestions on where to go from here. I've tanked everything on Reg so far and haven't had any issues aside from stupid groups...(like a lock that hasn't trained seduce or insists on dpsing off target...). AoE tanking isn't an issue, SS+TC+Demo seems to work well for me. I've also trained myself to try and get into a threat rotation (SS, Rev, Dev x5, rinse/repeat).

Silthias
04-27-2008, 12:14 PM
your gear seems fine from what i can see, use the new sword rather than the sowrd cyurrently selected, the one from Sethek, and part from that you should eb set for the start of Kara. As for the threat rotation, the way you said it made it sound like, SS,REV Dev, Dev, Dev,Dev, Dev, SS,REV Dev, Dev, Dev,Dev, Dev SS,REV Dev, Dev, Dev,Dev, Dev If this is the case use the SS,REV Dev, Dev SS,REV Dev, Dev roptation, only using 2 Devs each time. If this is what you are doing then sorry for misreading.

Good Luck with Kara.

Regards,

Silthias

Vissara
04-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the reply! I see what you're saying about only 2 Dev. I'll work on that. Oh, yeah I have no intention of tanking with the Nexus Stalker. I'm using Inuuro's now and loving it. I'm looking forward to getting into Kara. Today is H Ramps so I may test the waters there.

Crommi
04-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Just so you know, heroic Ramparts is quite annoying place to start with due to disarming and stunning mobs. So don't get frustrated if it's difficult in there.

Vissara
04-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Well, I got it done. The healer was complaining the whole time that I was 'getting creamed'. For the most part I was getting hit for about 800-1.1k. The Raveners were hitting a bit harder but I expected that. Healer had decent gear, a couple Kara pieces and PvP mace. So, I'm not quite sure if it was me or him.

Is that too much incoming or is that about right? Maybe I should try another Heroic and compare.

chengt
04-28-2008, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the reply! I see what you're saying about only 2 Dev. I'll work on that. Oh, yeah I have no intention of tanking with the Nexus Stalker. I'm using Inuuro's now and loving it. I'm looking forward to getting into Kara. Today is H Ramps so I may test the waters there.

lol if you want to get really technical.
Doing [SS > Dev x 3 > SS > Dev x2] > (Rev > SS > Dev x2)
where the part in (parens) is your holding rotation and the part in [brackets] is your opener is a slightly more advantageous start in terms of threat :P

When you use Thunder clap/Demoralizing make sure to use it as part of the devastate rotation. So for example:
SS > Rev (which can be flipped from above since order of rev/ss isnt a huge deal) > Dev > Thunder Clap > SS > Rev > Dev > Demoralizing > (SS > Rev > Dev x 2). Don't miss a SS or Rev cycle due to TC or Demoralizing in other words.

Vissara
04-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Well, I did H BF last night without any problems. Healer didn't have any trouble keeping me up and threat gen wasn't a problem. Unfortunately I didn't get the boots drop.

I'm having a little trouble on open. I don't have Imp Bloodrage, and I sometimes have to either take a good hit or get an auto attack in so I can hit SS. Would it be worth taking the pts out or Arms (currently 10 pts: 2 Imp HS, 3 Imp TC, 5 deflection) and putting them into Pro somewhere? Like Imp BR or Rev? Or would that hinder me?