PDA

View Full Version : 100 Badges to spend

Kagere
04-23-2008, 05:12 PM
I have almost 100 badges to spend :), in fact if we run kara on sunday night, i will have a few more. I am currently the OT, but I main tank some of the bosses as our guild's MT is a pally, ie. Nightbane, maiden and moroes etc.

Im currently having some bad luck with gear dropping, especially moroes belt.

So, if I have 100 badges to spend, here are my options for upgrades:

Lion's Heart Girdle upgrade to Girdle of the Fearless (and have 25 badges leftover....probably to go towards Slikk's Cloak of Placation

OR

Vindicator's Hauberk to Chestplate of Stoicism

OR

Wrynn Dynasty Greaves to Sunguard Legplates

Thoughts please? I am thinking option 1, as it will give me a pretty good stamina and threat boost, as well as i get to get another new piece of gear in the cloak next week. :)

Kruthel
04-23-2008, 05:34 PM
If you count the cloak upgrade with it, the belt upgrade would give your stats the largest boost, but I'd personally go for the chest upgrade.What do you use for dps when you aren't tanking? Do you dev+ss or switch your shield out?

Ungar
04-23-2008, 11:24 PM
My suggestion would be to buy the chest piece. The 2.4 chest isn't even rivaled by anything that you would be seeing anytime soon. The moroes belt is a VERY solid piece of gear. If you had something other than the blue chest piece i would say go with the belt and cloak. For you my order would be

Chest
Belt
Cloak
Legs

check out tankingtips.com, there is a detailed list up there.

Kazeyonoma
04-24-2008, 09:12 AM
I'd go belt+cloak, and spend honor/arena points to get s1/s2/s3 chests they are by far some of the best EH chests in the game, with nice threat stats too.

the chest, like veneretio has stated, is overrated, it should be one of your last upgrades.
the legs are good cuz you have wrynns, eventually you'll want to upgrade em but I wouldn't do it just yet.

Kagere
04-24-2008, 10:27 AM
My suggestion would be to buy the chest piece. The 2.4 chest isn't even rivaled by anything that you would be seeing anytime soon. The moroes belt is a VERY solid piece of gear. If you had something other than the blue chest piece i would say go with the belt and cloak. For you my order would be

Chest
Belt
Cloak
Legs

check out tankingtips.com, there is a detailed list up there.

Yeah, i checked out Ven's guide, and it said #1 is the belt. I feel like the belt is a big upgrade over Moroes for threat, so i will take that, and eventually when Moroes drops the belt, i will take that for an avoidance set.

Slikk's is a very good upgrade over my devilshark, which i wear pretty much 100% of the time, and would see myself doing the same with Slikk's. I guess its just that good.

As for a chest, i can pvp for the arena or s1, 2 or 3 chest, meanwhile hoping that panzar'thar drops. Nightbane owes me.

If you count the cloak upgrade with it, the belt upgrade would give your stats the largest boost, but I'd personally go for the chest upgrade.What do you use for dps when you aren't tanking? Do you dev+ss or switch your shield out?

Right now, im dev & ss, but reading up on dual weild dev & ww/hs, and it is prompting me to give that a try, see what real world numbers i come up with. To be honest, my dps gear is pretty crappy, as i dont get to play much, and i obviously concentrate on getting the best tank gear. I have a couple of pieces of S1 gear and mostly other quested blues.

If i was to switch to dev dual weild, would it be a good idea to do that with suneater & kings defender? Or should i look for a slower main hand?

ebs2002
04-24-2008, 10:50 AM
For me, the only reason why I'm planning on buying the chest (and this is after I got belt and ring, but before I went from 2.3 to 2.4 badge legs), is because the only usable chest I have is Bulwark of the Ancient Kings gemmed with sta and def for tanking, and I want to gem it for PVP and dps instead (and still be able to wear it for threat gen).

For you, if getting S1/S2/S3 chest is an option, or you're a blacksmith, I'd skip the chest and go belt and slikk's. If you don't have time for pvp, you're not a blacksmith, and you have no other chest prospects available to you in the near future, then get the chest, since an upgrade from a blue, low ilvl item, is going to be a huge boon no matter where you go.

MasterWolf
04-24-2008, 12:29 PM
So do you gem the S3 chest with +12 stam or +15 stam? Like, is this a chest you'd use into MH/BT? Isn't the Chestguard of the Warlord out of ZA way better?

ebs2002
04-24-2008, 03:10 PM
If you have access to the Warlord's chestguard, then it's better for avoidance fights. S3 as a threat piece, however, is just awesome. I'd actually gem Warlord for the socket bonus, since the bonus is 6sta and it's an avoidance piece. And personally, I wouldn't use +15stam unless I had badges and nowhere to spend them, because I would wear it so infrequently compared to a threat chest.