PDA

View Full Version : Cleaver of the Unforgiving:Best Enchant/Gem Choice

Odaeus
04-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Assuming the tank is not Orc or Human and has access to a Mallet of the Tides and is still currently working in T5 content.

The Cleaver of the Unforgiving dropped for me last night and I picked it up. I currently have an executioner on my Mallet and use that for Threat. I decided to slap a Mongoose on my Cleaver as my progression weapon until I am able to get the The Unbreakable Will.

I was just wondering which gems would put this cleaver to use to its full potential.
Currently I am undecided between:
Rigid Dawnstone
Glinting Fire Opal
Nimble Fire Opal
or
Enduring Talasite

Also I was also wondering what are people's view points on mongoose or executioner on this axe? I was going to put an executioner on this first but decided not to.

From what I've seen, Orcs should put an executioner on this while other people might be "better off" with mongoose...? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for reading guys,

Odaeus

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ysondre&n=Odaeus)

Kazeyonoma
04-23-2008, 02:54 PM
I would probably keep using the mallet 90% of the time. You have 17 slots of gear to do what you need for survivability, but only 1 that affects your threat in such a huge manner. (reiterated from satrina)

Grakzul Slaughtbringer
04-24-2008, 01:54 AM
I am an orc and I'm using the mallet with Executioner, which gives me pretty decent TPS.
I am currently farming Zul'Jin to loot this axe, and I think I would put an Executioner enchant on it, with a +8hit gem. Of course it will become my threat weapon.

I don't know what to do with my Mallet, putting a Mongoose or keeping the Executioner, Mongoose is probably the best choice.