PDA

View Full Version : Big health spikes on hard hitting bosses?

grotesk
04-23-2008, 12:01 PM
Hi all,

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

First off here is my link to the armory:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anvilmar&n=Grotesk)

That's my general tanking set, but when I'm MTing bosses that hit harder I tend to bring my dodge rating to about 28% pre-buffs. (I usually just change a ring and a trinket to do so)

Last night I was MT'ing Archimonde for only the second time (I'm not the guild's MT), and some healers were asking me why I was getting huge health spikes all the time, they found it difficult to heal me cuz I would not get hit whatsoever for extended periods of time, and then all of a sudden I would get 2 or 3 big hits and end up either dying or close to dying. (His melee hits are roughly 7 to 10k).

I'm just wondering if this has something to do with the build? I've noticed it before but it was never really an issue on bosses that don't hit as hard cuz I'd have stamina to spare. But I'm not quite sure where I would begin to fix the problem if it's on my part.

Thanks!

Grotesk
70-Warrior Tank on Anvilmar
Keepers of the Flame

maddfez
04-23-2008, 12:19 PM
Archi swings pretty hard, but you shouldn't be taking that much damage per hit if he is fully debuffed and you're using armor potions. Since threat isn't an issue in this fight and your dps warriors can get knocked out of range via airburst, focus on keeping the debuffs up yourself.

We got our first kill last week and he was hitting me for ~5.5k a swing.

Also, I found avoidance trinkets to be far superior to stamina in this encounter. EH theory assumes a steady income of heals, which you may not get on this fight. Also, proactively use your cooldowns on fears, since that's when your healers will be interrupted and will have to scramble to catch you back up.

/also, look at the badge cloak and new badge ring for this fight...the extra armor helps reduce his swings.

kittikat
04-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Also run WWS to you can see exactly what's going on in the combat logs

Tizack
04-23-2008, 09:37 PM
yeah are u using ironshields?? if u do it won't be to bad at all