PDA

View Full Version : Trash Tanking stats?

Caudates
04-23-2008, 11:27 AM
I was tanking trash in SSC and was noticing that dps were right on my butt when it came to threat. I use a threat set that includes lots of hit and expertise but I was wondering if i should drop some of these stats for SBV instead. When I was tanking trash I was at 147 hit (too much i know), 32 expertise and 550 SBV.

So I'd prolly go from the tanking goggles to t4 helm with new SBV meta and change up some other pieces.

What do you guys think? Would the burst of high SBV shield slams outweigh losing some chance to hit?

taro
04-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Hit cap for level 72 mobs = 6%. So if you are hit capped, stack SBV. Expertise cap for level 72 mobs should be lower--but I am not sure what the exact number is.

Cairn
04-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Expertise cap seems to be the same , because it's not modified by the level ( dodge and parry )

With 5 % expertise , hit cap , max SBV , a trash mob can't release u ^^ !!
I have this gear ( not hit cap :'( ) with 2/T5 for the maximizing SBV , i hit 700+ SBV ( without meta and the bonus t5 ) and i don't lost any trash mob and u switch with my High Threath weapon with executioneer.

ebs2002
04-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Dodge and Parry are modified by the level...0.2% per level. That's why the base dodge against a boss is 5.6%, but the base dodge against a player is 5%.

For trash mobs, SBV > Expertise to 20-22 (depending on mob level) > Hit to 79-95 (depending on mob level) > Crit > Attack Power, since trash are burn-fights. You want to get a big shield slam in right away (and critted shield slams are even better). If you don't have it yet, try the Auto-blocker macro listed elsewhere on these forums; it pops the trinket and uses shield slam in one click. I use it 95% of the time that I tank, so it goes off at the start of almost every pull. I rarely have threat issues on trash this way.

Also, if you have the 2-pc T5 set, get that and pop the 10% SBV metagem in it for trash clearing. You shouldn't have nearly as many issues this way.

Caudates
04-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the responses.

*sigh* wish i kept the Panzathar nightbane piece.

duvar
04-24-2008, 12:02 PM
The reason it's modified by the enemy's level is because it's a function of PlayerWeaponSkill - MobDefense

And MobDefense increases with each level.