PDA

View Full Version : T4 chest, or the Panzar'thar Breatplate?

Silthias
04-21-2008, 04:18 AM
For a long long time iv had the impression that the Panzar'Thar Breatplate was a much better chest than the Warbringer Chestguard however i had another look today, thinking that more gear = more options and iv found myself thinking was I right?

As i see it the difference is 3 stam, and 4 less def rating, but gaining a nice chunk of Agi and Str, not to mention the extra 6 block value, and the nice 4 piece bonus I would gain.

Any ideas?

This is mainly ignoring the new chest from badges, as I have lots more to get before I get that.

Regards,

Silthias

Nikya
04-21-2008, 05:21 AM
I would use the t4 chest over the Panzar'thar.

Gaeldar
04-21-2008, 05:51 AM
T4 chest is better in all ways cause the stamina you lose u get from the armor you gain. Ye ye you lose some defense and 1 block rating but u still get agility and str that makes it better:)

veneretio
04-21-2008, 09:00 AM
As i see it the difference is 3 stam, and 4 less def rating, but gaining a nice chunk of Agi and Str, not to mention the extra 6 block value, and the nice 4 piece bonus I would gain.

I agree T4 is better than Panzer, but I don't agree with getting the 4 piece bonus. Both the T4 legs and T4 gloves are inferior to a number of alternatives.

Silthias
04-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the input guys, will confirms what iv now begun the think, will try and get it tonight, but doubt i will as not many have t4 chest already, and id rather gear the raid up ingeneral rather than myself for a slight upgrade.

As for the set bonus, well it would be from Chest, Helm, Gloves and Shoulders. Since we have failed to down VR yet and the badge gloves, well i cant afford them yet and other things are taking prio atm.

Thanks you the help.

Regards,

Silthias

veneretio
04-21-2008, 09:18 AM
Maiden's Gloves are a better choice than T4.

Silthias
04-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Yea and I would love to get my hands on them,however im cursed,

The gloves and the Kings defender have yet to ever drop for me, where as the sword is possesd by about 4 hunters and 2 mages, plus an alt warrior that ran kara once and once only. this in turn results in alot of taunting by guildies as they know i have been after both for a long time, its all in jest but hmmm.

Anywho basicly, if i could id replace the gloves, but atm i cant. so the 4 set bonus is a possibility.

Regards,

Silthias

veneretio
04-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Yea and I would love to get my hands on them,however im cursed,

The gloves and the Kings defender have yet to ever drop for me, where as the sword is possesd by about 4 hunters and 2 mages, plus an alt warrior that ran kara once and once only. this in turn results in alot of taunting by guildies as they know i have been after both for a long time, its all in jest but hmmm.

Anywho basicly, if i could id replace the gloves, but atm i cant. so the 4 set bonus is a possibility.

My bad... I too had issues with Kara drops back in the day.

Well even though I never got a chance to test the T4 four piece. I know that T4 chest is better than Panzer. We all use Revenge a ton so that's gotta be a nice little boost to threat.

What you really should take to heart is that you are a tank. Your gear really does matter more than everyone else's. You have the right to be greedy. Now if you are passing the chest to a feral druid.. then fair. I'd do it too, but not to a healer. They'll get upgrades at their own pace and it'll help the raid a bit. Your survivability helps the raid a ton and no good healer/raider will disagree with that logic.

Aughban
04-22-2008, 12:09 AM
My bad... I too had issues with Kara drops back in the day.

Well even though I never got a chance to test the T4 four piece. I know that T4 chest is better than Panzer. We all use Revenge a ton so that's gotta be a nice little boost to threat.

What you really should take to heart is that you are a tank. Your gear really does matter more than everyone else's. You have the right to be greedy. Now if you are passing the chest to a feral druid.. then fair. I'd do it too, but not to a healer. They'll get upgrades at their own pace and it'll help the raid a bit. Your survivability helps the raid a ton and no good healer/raider will disagree with that logic.

Yeah the 4 piece t4 was never within my grasp but it does make revenge an even more essential than before, it all so might cause players to consider a different threat notation such as:

SB -> Revenge -> SS -> Dev -> Dev

Silthias
04-22-2008, 08:12 AM
Well the thing dropped, but sicne we had people with blue chests I let them have the thing, Ill jsut go back next week and get it.

But thanks for the help.

Regards,

Silthias

Horacio
04-22-2008, 08:30 AM
To this day I am convinced these fabled gloves off of Maiden do not exist. Scratch that....everytime I did Kara on my druid, they dropped :/

Vene is right, T4 set bonus is not worth it. The legs are vastly inferior to several other options starting with Wrynn off of Curator then the 2 badge reward items.

For chest T4 vs Panzarthar....I think T4 wins but with the Panzar you're not going to be running around with crap begging for T4 as a massive upgrade....its a good BP.

I don't run any risk of ever having to worry about it being that I won't likely run Mags again on my warrior a he is my alt now...eh, maybe....but I use Panzarthar or my Bulwark of the Ancient Kings these days. Eventually if I get inspired to farm 92 more badges, I may go after the vendor chest but......

In other words, if you have Panzarthar and have trouble getting the T4 don't sweat it. There should be no set bonus implication attatched to it.