PDA

View Full Version : lvl 72 mobs (trash) hit/exp cap?

Dhantes
04-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Hello I'm just curious if anyone knows the hit/expertise cap for trash mobs in say heroics/khara? I'm always looking for ways to improve threat/rage gen over avoidance increases. Atm I try and tank all heroics with zero to 1 cc and bring as many non cc dps guildies as possible and while i do hold agro consistently there are some guildies who i would like to improve my threat gen for (1kdps enh shamans and such).

I feel my Hp/armor are fine 16khp/17299armor and will also get boosts from badge upgrades that improve threat and Effective health anyways I'm just not sure if I'm at the hit/exp cap for trash yet.

Here is an armory link
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Garona&n=Dhantes)

Thanks just not sure if i should say go for the badge ring/cloak first since expertise/hit wont help or go for the belt first and such.

kachra
04-21-2008, 10:30 AM
I've actually been thinking a lot about this too, except I come sort of from the opposite end. I geared up as a tank just running heroics and later kara / za, but now I have to be pretty picky with my gear if I'm running heroics or kara with a geared group of players so I can hold aggro. Basically, I just need as much threat as possible so we can go faster, and I dont' want to be stacking stats that I don't need.

I'm not as good with the math around here as some people, so correct me if I'm wrong. But I think that you need 5% hit for 70 mobs, 5.5% for 71, and 6% for 72. I don't know if the expertise cap changes, but I don't think it does.

Generally for heroics I try to stay around 5-6% hit, max expertise (I only have 30-ish atm though), and high block value so I can snap threat with a shield slam. It works pretty well for me, but I'm always trying to find ways to dish out more threat, especially if I outgear content.

Grakzul Slaughtbringer
04-22-2008, 01:41 AM
I think that if you can have 6% hit, and if you are exp soft-capped, you can go for shield block value to improve your damage output.