PDA

View Full Version : Karazhan Trash Guide

Paramount
04-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Well, the guide is pretty much finished, you can see it on our guild forums still:

Brethren Guild of Dunemaul-H - How to: Tanking Kara - Brethren (http://brethrenhorde.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=35&func=view&id=21&catid=8) <---- No longer works

I also reformatted it in Microsoft word and threw it up on filefront for download, you can get it here:

MTParamount Profile, MTParamount Details - FileFront.com (http://hosted.filefront.com/MTParamount/) <---- Only place you can get it now

Canadianpimp
04-20-2008, 02:30 PM
loved it. I'd love to see a completed version when you get the time.

mattdeeze
04-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Great Job. Please finish. It's almost exactly how we do it and I'm sure it will help a lot of people.

AlmtyBob
04-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Nice guide. However, you're recommending running out and coming through the back door rather than taking the gold route (roughly 20g a person) for 5-10 minutes?

Paramount
04-25-2008, 03:31 PM
Awesome, replies.

I didn't know about said "Gold route," but our guild is fairly notorious for afks...we usually clear in about 3.5-4 hours. I will definitely consider that one though.

And this is just how I do it...I didn't say it was the end all strategy for taking out the trash, but hey it works and it gives people a good place to start. When I first walked into kara I had no idea what I was doing...and I admit to pulling a few of the elite mobs before moroes.

Like I said, any constructive criticism will likely be applied to iron out the wrinkles in my very flawed self....perhaps I came across as too arrogant in the first post...we wiped on prince that night some 10 times for 2 reasons:

1) Crappy infernals....bad excuse but nonetheless true
2) Had a new healer in the mix that hasn't really learned to heal well yet....my brother basically soloed healed the fight. And he did solo heal netherspite, our new healer died to a void zone, then anhked (sp?) in a void zone and insta-died again.

Paramount
04-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Didn't expect such positive feedback...limited as it was. The amount of views the guide got was encouraging though (nearly 200 last time I checked), so I decided to finish it.

The entire instance is roughly mapped out now, from Attuman->Prince, including all optional bosses....except the animal ones, which are perhaps the worst idea Bliz has ever had...so much trash for crappy loot and no badges.

The latter half of the guide is still very rough though and is fairly devoid of pictures, so I'll have to add them as I take them. I'm usually more concerned with keeping my raid alive than taking snapshots :)

Hope you guys like it...and please reply here on tankspot, I could use some feedback....and replying on the brethren site probably isn't a good idea, as the guide has become rediculously huge.

Crommi
04-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Nice guide, that must be a huge amount of time spent on getting all the trash covered in it. By the way, since there's plenty of empty space on the left side of your character in those screenshots, maybe add short notes there with raid target icons, something like this:

<skull> = Tank 1
<star> = Shackle
ect..ect...

"Gold route" refers to the way through opera spectator stands where elite mobs drop ~10g gold (1g/person). It's not really that much time lost and trash packs are fairly easy 1-2x elites with couple non-elites for AoE peeps.

On few Karazhan runs I've actually gained ~60g, usually killing animalboss aswell just for the sake of it.

Kream
04-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Search this thread for some advanced Kara trash tips (for instance a warlock should buff you with see invis for spell shades)
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/general-discussion/33664-things-you-never-knew-were-possible.html

Dunmail
04-29-2008, 03:30 AM
I didn't know about the 'gold route' either, until I joined a new Guild a couple of weeks back.
As mentioned go up the left stage from opera, pick up the pack at the top of the stairs, and work your way along the viewing galleries.

Tank - Ghostly Philanthropist - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft (http://www.wowwiki.com/Ghostly_Philanthropist) and blast the rest.

Couple minutes work and is a repair bill or two, which then drops you down inside KZ, inside the back door, which will need a couple of ghosties smacked. Longer from the run side, but from a tanking side, especially with silly wipes, or deaths then it is a bonus. Boots of Elusion dropped on my last run, which made a pally healer happy as well.

Paramount
04-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Our general targets are as follows:

Skull= First dps, MT on it unless OT is prot

Cross= Second dps, OT or MT on it depending on OT's spec again

Triangle= Third dps, I usually multi-tank this and skull if there's a tri in the pull
*we also use triangle for a shackle...we sometimes have 2 shadow priests and a healy priest....I love shacks

Square= Trap

Circle= Secondary shackle

Star= Primary shackle or enslave on demon mobs

Diamond= Banish

Moon= Well....I don't think I use moon haha

I think I follow that the whole time....the mobs aren't always marked though and in some of the shots I just throw marks up to keep track of pats.

Paramount
05-10-2008, 12:02 AM
New to this, not exactly what most would call "Technically savvy."

But I reformatted the whole guide in microsoft word and threw it into a winrar.

2 Questions:
1) How would I make this available for public download?
2) How would I go about decreasing the file size? (File size is about 15.5 mb)

and I guess also....Is there a better way to release a guide? I know adobe is a popular form.

SionaAmanThul
05-10-2008, 01:03 AM
pdf file would probably work well.

Paramount
05-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Tossed it up on filefront, here's the link, I'll throw it in the original post as well:

MTParamount Profile, MTParamount Details - FileFront.com (http://hosted.filefront.com/MTParamount/)

Paramount
05-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Updated the kara guide on both sites.

For those of you who already DLed it from Filefront I don't recommend reDLing it, I only added two pictures to the shade section.

I also split the guide up by boss so you don't have to DL the whole thing in one sitting.

The amount of people using this encourages me a little....but again...whar'z da feedback? Even if it's a "Nice guide man," I like to hear these things....heck I wouldn't mind a "This guide is the worst piece of crap I've ever read."

Need input stephanie.

clavarnway
05-18-2008, 11:29 PM
This guide is the worst piece of crap I've ever read - NOT!

Thank you for this, my main is a Warlock, and I'm used to just following along with the rest of the raid, killing the DPS target. Now that my alt is geared up enough to MT Kara (soon) I need to be paying attention to all the pulls, and this helps alot.

Paramount
08-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Just going to let anyone who's checking this out still know, the only way to get the guide now is to download it. This is because our guild site is down for a bit after we disbanded. We may start up again down the road, but right now the forums are wiped out.

Sorry for any inconvenience.