PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Prince Questions

Juised
04-19-2008, 11:09 PM
With my current gear am i good to go for tanking prince or do i have to gear up more ? i've already given a try and got to 10% on the best try but wiped due to bad infernal drops. oh and any tips would be appreciated.

edit:

i asked this since on the first try i basically just died very fast when we went from p2 to p3

Armory link (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz%27goroth&n=Juised)

Radhja
04-20-2008, 08:02 AM
There's a trick to Prince, and it's not having excessive amounts of luck.

Your health pool looks fine, but I highly recommend getting your SBR up to about 30% block to eat up the crushes he'll slip past your Shield Block charges during P2/3.

Now, there isn't a place the tank can't stand to avoid 100% of the infernals. Blizz nerf'd the safe spot long ago. However, if you have the EH and heals to support you, the CASTERS can stand on the tiny "pedestal" by the front door. I've used this technique several times, and haven't wiped on a single attempt since doing it. As long as your melee aren't standing in Shadow Nova range, you'll be fine.

As for you, there's a nook in the wall about 20-30 yards from the "pedestal" on the right side of Netherspace. Stand at max range for heals (usually just past the nook), and you won't have to move unless you get 2-3 infernals stacking on you (VERY rare, never seen it happen, but it is possible). Personally, I ignore the infernals using this tactic, and as long as the healers don't die (which they shouldn't), it'll be a one-shot every time.

Truth!

(Just make sure your healers are watching where the axes go flying towards during P3... they WILL cause a wipe if you ignore them)

Rayne
04-21-2008, 09:35 AM
We use the same method as Radhja (although it was more "fun" to have the raid dance around).

If you got him to 10% your gear is fine for Prince. P2 is the killer phase, if you can get through that it's just a matter of your raid having enough steam to finish.

FWIW, I don't recommend stacking Block or anything like that, just wear the best gear you have. Unless you have a LOT of avoidance and block, you aren't going to eat into his crushing chances anyway, so better to not wear gimped gear so you can survive the crushes. Last Stand is really helpful in this phase. Also, have your raid save their cooldowns for P2. You want to get through it as quickly as possible.

thinktank
04-22-2008, 04:41 PM
I've been tanking Prince with worse gear than that, although I think my gear has finally caught up (last run got Panzar'thar Breastplate and Mantle of Abrahmis). Sadly, the first time I tanked him was the cleanest.

Anyway, there are so many times when I look like I'm doing fine and BAM, I'm dead. Besides having to educate my melee dps to attack from behind (nothing like fighting in phase 2 and hearing a rapid succession of clink clink clink clink), I've found that if I shield wall at around 42%, we win (or when I dip under 12k health late in Phase 2).

At the start of phase 2, I pop my Dabiri's Enigma, and when that wears off, I pop my Charm of Alacrity. I potion and healthstone if I drop under 12k, Last Stand, then Shield Wall. I suppose it might depend a bit on your healers, too. My friend and his 10 year old son are our healers :)

Oh, we also use the same positioning as Radhja and Rayne. I sometimes have to reposition Prince, but not often. An Infernal can drop between you and your healing/ranged dps, but it's fine. Melee dps just need to figure out where to run for the Shadow Novas.

Barlic
04-23-2008, 12:30 AM
Though I have not actually gotten to prince to test out how effective this is, Elixir of Detect Demon might also help with the infernals since it would show where they are on the minimap. No clue if they show where they will land though before they land or if it is after they hit the ground.