PDA

View Full Version : Can I compete in TK/Mount Hyjal?

Bronndersboys
04-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Hello and just wondering if I could have good enough DPS in my current gear in TK and MH. I have been out of raiding for few months. My guild is starting MH now. Would I be a liability on gear alone. I spec 17/44 or a 43/18 OT build sometimes.

On the Void Reaver fights and TK trash we did before I went on hiatus,I was top 3 with our 2 rogues. If that means anything.

GarrettJaxx
04-19-2008, 08:00 AM
My magic 8-ball is down. Do you have a link to your warrior's raid-equipped armory by chance?

shiz98
04-19-2008, 09:08 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hyjal&n=Bronnder)

According to his profile, at least ;)

I'm going to withhold judgement, not being a Fury warrior. My gut, however, says yes to TK, and no to Hyjal.

Soldar
04-19-2008, 09:39 AM
I'd say yes to both, your gear is quite comparable to mines and since going fury (being our 3rd prot warrior getting a raid spot in BT would be much harder in my guild) and i usually am within top 5 dps on WWS.
I do however recommend that you change your meta to Relentless Earthstorm.

GarrettJaxx
04-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Hi I think your gear is fine, however, I'd try to boost your AP up a bit more so that Bloodthirst has more of a punch. I recognize your sitting at 2100 w BS up and as Protection, but when you lose the Strength from Vitality you may be weaker there. I'd re-gem in some cases. I'd definitely lose that gem that has hit, you don't need hit gems. Focus on Strength over pure AP, and you'll be super.

Ukyo
04-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Adding to what Garrett said, switch the enchants from your weapons to Executioner/Potency or Executioner/Mongoose, they're going to stay with you for a long time. Other than that, you're better stat'ed than me lol

Bronndersboys
04-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Doh, forgot to post a link. Thanks Shiz98 for doing that for me. Thanks for the input. Btw, I use the Merciless Chest for tanking right now, thus the +hit gem.

Rampart
04-19-2008, 11:33 PM
You should be okay, but you might as well get some simple upgrades in the mean time. The ones that jump out to me and are easy to attain are Veteran's Pendant of Triumph and the Vengeance Wrap. And then you can always ask if your guild wouldn't mind killing Doom Lord Kazzak since his [item]Ripfiend Shoulderplates[item] are still easily the 3rd best fury shoulder piece in the game.

BoomBeef
04-21-2008, 03:34 PM
I would have gone with the slower OH but I don't know if it is too late to change now. Also do consider getting the Veteran's ring (more crit, some ArP) and you can probably use it over the Kara ring. You can loose some +hit. And as others have said, gem for strength & crit. Check out Meek's DW Fury guide.

You start Hyjal, the choker of Serrated Blades will drop like candy from trash and so will Rage's shoulders with some luck for quick upgrades. We have had just ridiculous high drop rates on those.