PDA

View Full Version : Some advice to improve on.

Psysica
04-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Hey all.

Im running around as arms PVE, we are 3/4 TK and 1/6 SSC. My current gear I use to raid in is what im wearing on the armory. The World of Warcraft Armory (http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Trollbane&n=Psysica)

I do the routine, white - slam - MS - white - slam - whirl. But I seems to get rage starve more than I would like to.

What should I do to improve my dps and rage starvation. Im after some advice on gear to get and/or correction if im doing something wrong playwise with routine ?

Tnx for the advices, there hopefully will come... :)

Ukyo
04-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Been there man =P.

Usually what i would do is hold for a few swings, and when i'm about +45 rage, i start the rotation, at that point you should have more than enough, and when you get rage starved again, hold the rotation for 2 hits and then go back at it again.

shiz98
04-18-2008, 06:39 PM
I usually run ZA without a Windfury, and what seems to work best is to maintain the rotation as much as possible.

So you'll do the white hit -> Slam thing, and if you can, drop a MS/WW in. Make sure to use Zerker Rage and Bloodrage at the right times to help with your rage generation, and you should be able to do at least viable DPS.

Psysica
04-19-2008, 02:43 AM
I have one more question gear wise. Now that all the nice new badge gear is open I was wondering how much haste a arms warrior can have before it mess up the rotation.

Im asking as I would rather have the str on the plate gear, compared to the AP on the leather gear. As str scales with kings and such, AP dosent. Reason is im looking at the leather as well, is it has agi instead of haste on it.
BUt as said would rather have the plate one.

Any one have an number for how much haste you can be allowed to have as a Arms dps warrior ?

shiz98
04-19-2008, 09:06 AM
You don't really want Haste as an Arms warrior. It will only provide a slight damage increase, since you're speeding up your rotation by 0.2 seconds or so.

Some very rough math:
Assuming MS/WW/White/Slam each hit for 800, and that your full rotation is normally 3.6 seconds, you do 888 DPS.
With a rotation speed of 2.8 seconds, you get a DPS of 1142.

Good? Yes. But you need a massive amount of haste to get that far. Consider that you're looking at roughly a 3% increase in damage; this is the same as picking up about 500 ArP.

The generally accepted rule for Arms warriors is that haste is terribad. As such, I wouldn't bother much with the new badge plate. However, if you do decide you like Haste, you should try to aim to have your swing no faster than 2.8 seconds. The theoretical limit is 2.5s, but depending on lag/reaction time, your practical limit will almost always be lower.

Regarding Kings, what it means is that every point of Strength gets you 2.2 AP. From there you should be able to work out which is better :)