PDA

View Full Version : Quick Gloves Question

Ulantor
04-18-2008, 07:55 AM
Need help deciding on Bonefist Gauntlets or Destroyer Gauntlets ?

I have Bonefist and and we will be taking down Leo tonight or next week, spend DKP on T5 gloves or wait for T6? We have only tried Rage in Hyjal and we beet him but we try out someone new this week.

Thanks for the help.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Uldum&n=Ulantor)

Squeegiemama
04-18-2008, 08:17 AM
Check out

Bonefist Gauntlets vs Iron Gauntlets of the Maiden - Warriors - TankingTips.com (http://www.tankingtips.com/2008/01/27/bonefist-gauntlets-vs-iron-gauntlets-of-the-maiden/)

The comments have some discussion comparing the Bonfist with the T5.

Nuberino
04-18-2008, 08:17 AM
I assume you meant Destroyer Handguards?

Since you have the T5 shoulders already I would definitely pick up the gloves to complete the 2 piece T5 bonus which is godly for prot warriors. Remember if you shield slam before the charge from the 2 piece bonus is used you get the extra 100 SBV added to your slam.

mcfuzz
04-19-2008, 04:07 AM
I used bonefist as a valuable off set of gear for mainly resist fights. the parry is youre only avoidance against an elemental attack, well it is not as valuable when compared to dodge or defence for normal tanking. you can stack it for stamina too, which also helps alot on resist fights, and burst fights.

for main set, T5 is a great upgrade. especially when you consider the tremendous set bonuses.

yes, t6 is better still but waiting for gear is generally a bad thing. especially if you are a tank. as you are actually being smacked around by the boss, its harder to squeek by with less than appropriate gear sets in hopes of reaping later rewards. while a healer or even dps may be able to get away with this, you should take the t5 now to help GET to that t6 content.

plus, with the changes to 3 tokens per kill, it shouldnt be too long before you get your gloves even with the dent to your dkp. killing them faster with better gear could mean you even get your t6 faster aswell.