04-17-2008, 08:07 PM
TankSpot Podcast #6
The Grand Experiment
Patrick O'Callahan "Ciderhelm" and Joshua Allen "Lore"
1:02:32

Player not showing up? Try refreshing!

http://media.libsyn.com/media/ciderhelm/Age_of_Conan_Sort_Of.mp3

Podcast Information
This podcast covers several subjects on MMOs and web design, with particular emphasis on the upcoming Age of Conan release. This is presented as an undirected dialogue.

The Friday podcast is an off-topic discussion. These are unscripted discussions with a general subject, and do not have a transcript or pre-recorded outline available.

When available, Donors (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/general-discussion/36281-tankspot-donation-information.html) will see both the outlines and podcasts in advance of their post date.

Did you find this subject utterly boring? Please, suggest topics and discussions, and ask questions for us to include in our upcoming podcasts. :)

Rak
04-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Silverlight (http://silverlight.net/) since you forgot to link it. I've seen a site that probably used this - it had a whole suite of audio/video/photo editing stuff, like Photoshop but based entirely in your browser. Kind of cool, but when I saw it I thought 'that's neat and new, but I'm not sure why I'd ever need it'.

I personally like this style of podcast the most out of all of them so far. I know you're making the site more and more professional, but since I've been here since the earlier days I guess I just prefer the homegrown feel of podcasts like this.

Rayther
04-18-2008, 12:26 AM
With regards to the Farscape/Stargate.
Yeah both Ben Browder (Crichton in Farscape) and Cludia Black (Ayren in Farscape) moved over to Stargate for the 2004 season.

Lilie
04-18-2008, 08:23 AM
So...subscribed and downloaded the cast from Itunes! Just to varify that that is working perfectly.

Cider..would love to hear more about Evensfell sometime in the coming casts: What your vision is for it and why you want to work on it. Just a topic thought.

veneretio
04-18-2008, 09:31 AM
LOL @ "Beef Stew" ... would have been the best ending ever if you had just stopped right on that note.

Although, I did laugh @ "No, there is no holding!" as well!

Rak
04-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Cider..would love to hear more about Evensfell sometime in the coming casts: What your vision is for it and why you want to work on it. Just a topic thought.
Every time Cider talks about it (always podcast-related somehow), I die a little inside. You're killing me Cider!

Kazeyonoma
04-18-2008, 09:59 AM
/me hides from cider for not coming up with a dynamic battle formula for evensfell. *gasp*

Ciderhelm
04-18-2008, 10:11 AM
Maybe I'll do a dedicated Evensfell podcast this weekend.

Lilie
04-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Nice :).

tobarstep
04-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Really looking forward to Age of Conan. Alas, unless it comes out for Mac I'll likely not get to play it. I loved the Conan world. Way back in the day, I played a PBM game called Hyborian War and it was a blast. At one point I was playing in 4 or 5 different games, but had to drop them all as I was in basic training at the time and couldn't keep up with it. Some friends in the game told me that two of the kingdoms I was controlling went on the win the games completely unguided :( (Shem and Nemedia)

Still, AoC looks quite spectacular. We'll see if the hype is justified.

ttocs
04-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Re: The guild (I only listened to bits and pieces...)

We have a level 50, who is Radja or something. I believe it was another transfer. That's the highest level. I'm level 47. All in all, we have 13 people 30 and above, and like 5-6 people between 20-30. The remaining 60 people are <20.

I'm usually around late at night/early morning (after raids, and on the weekend), and sometimes during the day on monday/friday.

Nayre
04-18-2008, 10:16 PM
I think I laughed a little too much between "Waffles for face" and immediately after, "There is no holding on!".

And the replayed it a couple of times, and laughed just as much.

Tobius
04-19-2008, 02:36 AM
Elwyn Forest isnt cool?!? :eek:

Good podcast other then that misinformation :)

Canadianpimp
04-19-2008, 04:00 PM
A little too much rambling imo. I enjoy the podcasts a lot but I think you should aim for 30-45 minute sessions. An hour gets to be a bit much.

Flis
04-20-2008, 04:47 AM
Hi. First post here, and first Podcast I've listened to, although I've been watching the site for a while since I saw it posted on Polar's (I think) Kara gearing thread on the official Forums.

Really liked it. I don't think an hour is too long, but anymore probably would be. And I didn't really mind the rambling. Only thing I didn't like (and this is nitpicking just a little) was the random silences that lasted a few seconds which made me unsure if that was you guys or if my browser had somehow stopped streaming it properly. At any rate, I look forward to more!

Invisusira
04-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Hey! I am not scary. I am formidable.

Ciderhelm
04-20-2008, 08:08 PM
Grats on double posting.

Invisusira
04-21-2008, 12:56 PM
i c wat u did ther