PDA

View Full Version : Tank Evaluation?

Enemisses
04-17-2008, 09:33 AM
Hallo, I am looking for some opinions on my gearing and gem choices.
(You can find my armory here: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadow+Council&n=Brellik))

What would you guys suggest I aim for? Considering I don't raid a whole lot at the moment, just the regular Kara run for badges, I delve into ZA occasionally, and some out of guild friends ask me to tank SSC/TK for them sometimes. Is there really any way to improve my gear at this point?

I've been gathering up badges for the new SSO badge tanking ring, and have also been considering the Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx, but I'm not sure if they're really worth it. The shoulders I have seem to be the best I can get, no one I know really runs Gruul's anymore, and the times I did run, Maulgar did not love me.

Also, how far into the raid game could I survive with this gear? (Personally I'm thinking late SSC/TK, but I'm not entirely sure)

Replies are much appreciated! <3

Kryax
04-17-2008, 09:45 AM
Looking good, considering it seems you've only had Kara and badge rewards to work from and VR ofc. You will find ZA will provide a number of decent upgrades including boots, chest, shoulders, shield and weapon if you can clear it regulary.
Shame you had to blow 100 badges on the chest, i'm guessing Maggy isn't on the agenda at present, hope you didn't bin the Panza chest dude. If so you would of been better grabbing the new legs or belt imo from BoJ rewards.

Other than that without Gruul for the shield, you could get the ancient phalanx bracers or hope for the ones from VR. Jungle stompers drop regulary from ZA you should get those early on in there, and i'm sure you are farming the other trinket from mgt atm.
Good hit and some nice early expertise but now you should be looking to up your SB/SBV a little imo it's going to prove very helpful as you progress.

With the gear as it is at the moment, yes should be fine for all the bosses in SSC and TK with good healers and making sure you use your pots and consumables.

Bullwrinkle
04-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Yeah, your gear looks pretty solid, since you have the shard, the expertise on the bracer isnt as critical, but I would try and grab the Commendation of Kael'Thas and one of Aldori Legacy Defender,Bulwark of the Amani Empire , or the Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall. I also might consider picking up Nightstrike or a Vengeful Gladiator's War Edge

Bullwrinkle
04-17-2008, 09:57 AM
Oh, didnt reply to the what could you tank part, but I am sure you could tank the first couple bosses in Hyjal/BT with your gear, if your healers are on top of stuff.

Enemisses
04-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the replies guys! No I didn't bin the Panzar chestpiece for the badge one, however, it's a perfect display of how WoW's RNG hates me. Because during our Kara run 2 days after I bought the badge chest, we down nightbane, and he drops not only the Panzar chest, but his shield on the same table. After I had just gotten exalted with SSO and got the badge chest. So I have them sitting in my bank (I solo tank the place, except for our DPS warrior tanks on moroes and a possibly Opera, depends on the event, and he didn't need them) and I'm not sure what to do with them, was thinking about gemming the Panzar chest for threat since I don't have a threat piece there, and Nightbane's shield is extremely comparable to the SSO shield, but I'd be losing the hit rating.

I've been farming heroic MgT every day for the commendation, but it's been the shard of contempt 5 times in a row now.

Before I bought the badge chest I was using the Aldor revered one, so it was a major upgrade.