PDA

View Full Version : Need help on badges

Madoxx
04-17-2008, 02:13 AM
hello all

ok the badges rewards finally opened on are server yesterday but ive no idea what to get , i have enough badges for one item at the moment , i was thinking of getting the Tanking Chest but looking at it compared to my T4 im losing allot of sta.

can some one look at my armoury and give me some ideas what to get first as im kinda of unsure at the moment cheers in advance

Armageddn
04-17-2008, 03:44 AM
I suggest you check out The badge pick order (http://www.tankingtips.com/2008/04/09/the-badge-pick-order-24-edition/)

I think you'll find all you need there :)

Derrick
04-17-2008, 10:07 AM
hadnt seen that page before, but like many of the commenters, i disagree strongly with the low rating on the chest. the author seems to value expertise above all else. yes, its the best threat stat but threat is still just one part of tanking. yes it reduces parries, but would you give up defensive stats for expertise if threat caps were not the limiting factor. personally, im getting a little tired of hearing about parries. its so hot-topic-of-the-month. youd think the mechanic had changed recently, or in the last 3 years for that matter. am i the only one that thinks everyone's getting just a little carried away with talking about how great expertise is? neither does he make any mention of different gear sets for mitigation, threat, or EH.

ebs2002
04-17-2008, 10:20 AM
The author is considering if all your gear was equal, this is what you should get first. If you're wearing full kara/t4 gear, this order is best. He's also comparing it to what else you can get as a non-raider (Bulwark of the Ancient Kings, S3 chest).

The new belt is a better piece for a threat set, and will see more use for a tank, than the new BP is, especially considering anybody can get the S3 chest.

And lastly, for an MT, threat sets and EH sets go hand-in-hand. I don't have a straight EH set that doesn't have threat as well; it's worthless. I wear EH for progression, and I also need high threat for progression. Expertise is a HUGE threat bonus; it's twice as good as hit rating until you reach the dodge cap, and then it's JUST as good as hit rating. It also has the added bonus of being an increase to your survivability, and is almost always on pieces that are high in Armor/Sta.

So, you could get the belt, which you'd wear on trash clearing, progression fights, and farm content, and only take off for avoidance fights.
Or, you could get the avoidance bp, which you would wear less frequently than the s3 bp or the blacksmithing bp.

Madoxx
04-18-2008, 01:00 AM
i don't have either BP just the T4 one i really should start to pvp more so i went for the belt again are guild is mainly progress guild at the moment we in SSC & TK so threat gen is nice

mcfuzz
04-19-2008, 04:59 AM
All the points made about relative upgrade are valid. you have some gear that is better than the t4 chest and for that reason jsut following the badge pick order may not be the smartest thing.

a couple other reasons to get the chest first that have not been mentioned include:

1.when you talk about stamina you talk about effective health. the badge chest has way more armor so it should actually increase your effective health. or at least you dont lose much.

2. block rating on t4 is a wasted stat. lbock rating is only good for uncrushability, and you are not going to be uncrushable just yet. losing that on your gear is another big plus to the badge gear.

GET THE CHEST.

Radhja
04-19-2008, 08:32 AM
If you have Moroes' Girdle of the Indomitable or worse, get the belt first.

If you have anything less than Nightbane's Panzar'thar Breastplate, get the new chest.

If you have both Moroes' belt AND Nightbane's chest, I recommend the Belt over the Chest simply because the threat stats on the belt are superb. However, if your own survival is an issue in the content you're attempting, the chest might be a better choice.

There is no right choice, only your choice. Think carefully and weigh your options before making large purchases like this. You won't regret it.