PDA

View Full Version : Stability vs Fearless Belts

Invisniper
04-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Fearless for threat, Stability for tough fights?

I know Stability has more dodge, health, and SBV (Thusly EH), but the reduction of parries from expertise on Fearless must help a ton. I'm leaning towards Fearless for trash and Stability for bosses. What would you do?

veneretio
04-17-2008, 12:00 AM
Ya basically, Fearless for threat. Stability for Survivability. You could easily do fine with just 1 of the 2 though.

brain9h
04-17-2008, 05:57 AM
Expertise IS survivability

I'd say stick with fearless until you face a boss that REALLY demands more avoidance.

byechee
04-17-2008, 09:40 AM
or get t6 belt and have both worlds!!11~~

chengt
04-17-2008, 09:41 AM
or get t6 belt and have both worlds!!11~~

Will your guild adopt me for a day in SW?

ebs2002
04-17-2008, 09:58 AM
I'm not sure if 1% less parry is as good as 1% more dodge across the spectrum, though. A 1% decrease in the bosses chance to have a 40% increase before his next attack, or a 1% decrease in the number of swings that hit you, I think that avoidance is better for fights where you don't need to stack threat.

However, comparing the stats of the two:
1.91% avoidance on stability, 1.72% avoidance on fearless.
110 extra HP on stability.
56 extra BV on stability.
1.39% less parry on fearless.

If I had both, the only time I'd wear stability is on trash when I'm stacking SBV.

Kavtor
04-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Stabilities BV doesn't really add anything exciting unless you're hit / expertise capped elsewhere.
But what Fearless really does is let you replace the badge expertise neck & bracers with the Naj & RoS drops and still keep your expertise up.

Against something that can't parry haste, Stability a much better choice though.

veneretio
04-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Stabilities BV doesn't really add anything exciting unless you're hit / expertise capped elsewhere.
But what Fearless really does is let you replace the badge expertise neck & bracers with the Naj & RoS drops and still keep your expertise up.

Against something that can't parry haste, Stability a much better choice though.

So stability for RoS and badge belt for everything else lewl ;)

Kavtor
04-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Well, stability for the BV on RoS. ( although if you're bashing spirit shocks, hit / expertise cap is the way to go)
Brutalis and Mother don't parry haste though. Stability would be much better for them.

veneretio
04-18-2008, 10:31 AM
Well, stability for the BV on RoS. ( although if you're bashing spirit shocks, hit / expertise cap is the way to go)
Brutalis and Mother don't parry haste though. Stability would be much better for them.
Having to spend dkp on another item for another set for 2 maybe 3 encounters ftl