PDA

View Full Version : Kaz'rogal

Clifford
04-16-2008, 01:51 AM
We had our first kill on Kaz last night.

I had read that 2-3 pieces of shadow resistance gear trivialises the fight as you will resist some of the Mark of Kaz'rogal mana drains. However, we weren't prepared but decided to give him a try. Furthermore, we had no priest and therefore no shadow buff but most people used their Black Temple necklaces though.

In the end it wasn't much of a problem, although I did die with him on 3% due to an 8k cleave just after a 5k hit. Kaz proceeded to destroy half the raid before dying.

The point I wanted to share with those just starting out in MH is that shadow resistance is not needed for this boss. It might make it easier as you could resist some mana drains but then again it might make it more difficult if you gimp your mana pool and mana regen.

Marn
04-16-2008, 02:56 AM
The neck, cloak and priest buff/paladin aura are generally all you need. Some people say they don't resist anything with that much; others just get the aura/buff (no cape or neck) and resist all of them.

Clifford
05-07-2008, 10:26 AM
I got all the healers to craft the cloak (+10 SR enchant) and bracers for Azgalor. Together with their BT necklace and priest buff they were at 200 SR.

They used this for Kaz'rogal and Vent was full of laughter whenever a healer resisted the mana-drain. It worked really well, making this fight far easier. Furthermore, the gear worked really well on Azgalor, reducing the number of people being silenced.

So in conclusion - The SR isn't required but definitely makes it easier.