PDA

View Full Version : Dual Wield Mechanics

shiz98
04-15-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm trying to work out how using 1H weapons for an Execute spam as a slam warrior compares to the numbers in http://www.tankspot.com/forums/damage-per-second-discussion/36276-slam-rotation-execute-range.html.

What I've had trouble finding are details on the mechanics of dual-wielding. The main issue I'm having is that I don't know too much about swing timing. How do swings land? Obviously the timing is based purely off of weapon speed, but it's unclear to me how the two separate swings are timed.

Do they start by hitting at once, and then get out of sync based on weapon speed? E.g. with a 1.5s MH and a 1.7s OH, will they both hit at the same time on the first swing, and then by off by .2 seconds on the second swing, and then by .4 on the third swing, etc. Or is there a given time offset between the first swing on each weapons?

Is there a mechanic by which there is a "pending" swing? Think of slam - would it only reset the soonest weapon swing, or would both weapon swings be reset?

If anyone can either point me to some information, or answer these for me themselves, I'd greatly appreciate it :)

Corbusier
04-15-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm not sure why exactly the syncing issue is important to the execute question, but the swings start out like you said.

With a 2.6 and 1.5 speed as examples:

0.0 sec start combat
1.5 sec OH swings
2.6 sec MH swings
3.0 sec OH swings
4.5 sec OH swings
5.2 sec MH swings

etc.

A mechanic like slam would reset both timers.

shiz98
04-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks. It hadn't occurred to me that that both swings would start at a reset state. Used to my 2H here...

This applies to Execute because it's a question of how often you can spam it while off the GCD. The sooner the better, because while the initial rage cost of Execute is 15 per 915 damage, any additional rage gets adds 15 rage per 315 damage. I'll have details on this when I actually finish my work and write the post.