PDA

View Full Version : Gems and some Theorycraft

Lobo
04-15-2008, 08:16 AM
I'm the MT in my guild and a healthaholic. I socket everything for max stamina (everything with a +15 stam gem and +18 stam on my chest) meta socket is the stamina/stun res. gem and all of my enchants that can be stamina are. This has worked pretty well for me, but I was hoping someone could direct me to some theory craft on socketing some avoidance gems into my current pieces.

Or if there's a current discussion somewhere else on socketing raw stam v. avoidance I'd love to be directed to it.

Here's my armory:

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarlet+Crusade&n=Lobo)

Kazeyonoma
04-15-2008, 09:08 AM
normally, what you would do is pick up pieces that are made for avoidance, and make em avoidance centered, then swap em in and out of your regular gear set for various fights.

Lobo
04-16-2008, 05:58 AM
Yeah I do that. I have a high avoidance set made with some other armor pieces, trinkets and rings.

What I'm looking at now is, as a MT, is there a particular threshold that I stop focusing on EH and start working on avoidance in my sockets?

Grakzul Slaughtbringer
04-16-2008, 07:37 AM
I think advoidance will come naturally with the stuff you will win, giving you a huge HP pool and good advoidance. I don't think you should gem for it. If your guild is farming many raid instances, maybe you should look for threat gems, thus giving more comfort to your dps friends.