PDA

View Full Version : Which trinket to use?

sean7488
04-15-2008, 06:21 AM
Alright well I'm having trouble which 2 trinkets to use. The one i'm definitely keeping on is the commendation of kael'thas. The two that i'm having trouble deciding between is the Darkmoon vengeance card and the ancient aqir artifact from za. I like the Artifact due to the parry and the added armor you can use on it. But I like having the extra 510 stamina from the vengeance card. Any advice on which to use? I'm currently in bt and hyjal. Here's my armory if you would like to take a look. The World of Warcraft Armory (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gnomeregan&n=Seandooley)

Lobo
04-15-2008, 08:04 AM
I would go back to KZ and pick up Moroe's Pocket watch. There isn't a better trinket for pure avoidance then that one.

The ZA trinket is nice since parry is hard to come by, but the "oh sh*t" button that it gives isn't as good as the watch. With the watch and when the commendation goes off, I can get over 60% to dodge in my normal tanking gear.

sean7488
04-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Yeah I run kara every week for badges and the watch never drops for me. Guess I gotta keep trying.

Malignus
04-15-2008, 11:40 AM
What content is this for? Your EH and avoidance don't need any more of a boost. What your armory suit lacks are threat stats. Specifically, hit and expertise are both low.

sean7488
04-15-2008, 12:58 PM
What content is this for? Your EH and avoidance don't need any more of a boost. What your armory suit lacks are threat stats. Specifically, hit and expertise are both low.

I don't see how that's possible when i'm putting out 1200-1400 threat constantly against bosses. I can't even remember the last time I lost aggro. As i stated this is for bt and hyjal, we're 5/5 hyjal and 5/9 bt.

Aelvain
04-15-2008, 11:32 PM
I don't see how that's possible when i'm putting out 1200-1400 threat constantly against bosses. I can't even remember the last time I lost aggro. As i stated this is for bt and hyjal, we're 5/5 hyjal and 5/9 bt.

You're *probably* not putting out 1200-1400 tps on most bosses with those threat stats - maybe bursting that high or showing up that high on omen but I'd find it hard to believe you're sustained threat is that high. Anyway the parry trinket's definitely better, you need avoidance more than you need stamina.

mcfuzz
04-19-2008, 04:22 AM
it.. is... SITUATIONAL!!!!

never throw away gear, NEVER! especially when they offer different things, ESPECIALLY when they are TRINKETS!

First, even though its not what you asked, put executioner on the weapon.

next, aqir is not the best trinket. moroes or the def one from hydross are far superior for avoidance. while there may be only a difference of .2 or less avoidance between each of these trinkets, hovering relatively near 2 percent hard avoidance each, the on use of the latter two act as an effective oh shit button. remember, avoidance recieves exponential returns. while it takes the same item level in dodge rating to go from 98-99 as from 0-1, you decrease your chance to recieve a hit from any single attack by 50 percent from 98-99 and only by 1 from 0-1. as such, the 15 percent dodge on moroes with an average 60 percent avoidance turns into a 25 percent chance to take damage from an attack for the duration. its like a mini shield wall.

aqir may help threat some in form of the parrys, and i believe you might recieve more rage from the faster attacks,(debates on this rage) but sicne u stack stamina i doubt ur rage is too big of an issue. the on use sucks though, ironshields are great to chain chug, but with limited duration and high cooldown it makes for a poor oh shit. you still recieve damage which may potentially kill you if you are low, and if you pop it randomly, its up so little that it doesnt effect you for the majority of the fight and may only confuse healers when you go from taking 8k to 5k and then back.

i have a crush immune set, and will use teh aqir trinket over other avoidance trinkets only to try and get as close to the 102.4 cap as possible when others would bump me over. i do this to conserve rage as too much avoidance not evenough block makes stabby a dull boy. the haste from parry also helps me some and with the consistency of uncrushability i dont mind the shitty on use so much.

for you, the aqir is crap. really, its shit. but you should keep lots of trinkets anyway to situational use. fast hitting mobs require more avoidance than stam to make sure u dont get crushed.

Deathsong on BlackDragonF
04-28-2008, 07:16 AM
Just to toss this out there. if you are saying "OH SHIT" and Praying a Large Boost in (Armor, Dodge, Max/Min HP, Block Value, Block Rating. Or any other some such stat.) will save you, you are entirely wrong. Passive Stat First. Optional Stat Second.

Hypatia
04-28-2008, 08:17 AM
If you're praying, sure. But if you can predict when there's going to be a problem, "oh shit" buttons are awesome. For example, you know on Archimonde when your healers have been chased out of position, etc. etc. Having the ability to increase your chances of survival in those specific cases can have a much larger impact than a relatively large passive bonus—in the right fight.