PDA

View Full Version : Having Trouble

MasterWolf
04-14-2008, 07:12 AM
I'm not sure what to upgrade. Badges are hard to come by, so I need help as to what to upgrade next. I have 50 badges right now, and will probably run a couple heroics and Kara in the next week or two to get to like 100 badges. Already read Berg's and Vene's guides, but would still like some advice. I have 15K life, 17K armor, and a decent bit of avoidance and expertise. My hit rating is at 51.

--My role in my guild is OT for 25-mans, and I MT 10-mans.--

Current:
Crimson Girdle of the Indomitable

Upgrade:
Girdle of the Fearless

Current:
Wrynn Dynasty Greaves

Upgrade:
Sunguard Legplates OR Unwavering Legguards

Current:
Panzar'Thar Breastplate

Upgrade:
Chestplate of Stoicism OR Vengeful Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece

klor
04-14-2008, 07:15 AM
To be Honest, the biggest upgrade looks to be your belt or leggings. Your chest is fine, but the other two would offer a ton more threat. Moroes belt really is trash when you have other options available, but its good as the first upgrade you can get for belts.

MasterWolf
04-14-2008, 07:33 AM
I do like the +hit from that belt...

So belt first?

Nuberino
04-14-2008, 07:46 AM
I would do belt I think as well especially since you are still using Moroes' belt. The new belt is teh sexah.

MasterWolf
04-14-2008, 07:50 AM
Sweet. I might even be able to get that this week O_o

MasterWolf
04-14-2008, 07:50 AM
What gem? +15 Stam or a dodge gem?

Also, should I use S3 over my current BP? I have it in my bank...

Nuberino
04-14-2008, 08:04 AM
I would do stamina, but I am all about EH.

S3 would be a fair improvement for EH and threat over your current bp. The improvement of threat as an OT would make the S3 BP far better of a bp for you.

EDIT Just read your role was often OT.

Malignus
04-14-2008, 08:34 AM
You say that you're an OT, so threat gen is a bigger boon for you over pure survivability. Pick up the belt and the expertise leggings. The chest would be the 3rd piece of badge gear if you bother getting it at all.

Rampart
04-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Upgrade them in the order you posted. Belt -> Legs -> Chest.

MasterWolf
04-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Ok, so I'm getting the belt. And putting +15 stam in it.

As for the BP... socket it with Stam gems and use it?

Splug
04-14-2008, 12:20 PM
The belt has a red socket with a stamina bonus for fulfilling it. If you use a +5 agi / +7 stam gem instead of the +15 stam blue gem, you'd be trading 5 stam for 5 agi. This is a more efficient use of the item level, allowing you to get some cheap avoidance/threat. Crit chance may not be the best contributor to threat, but it does help. A dodge/stam gem would work as well, if you're not interested in the threat boost but still want to take advantage of an ivalue-efficient avoidance gain.

-Splug

MasterWolf
04-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Well, my options are:

Regal Nightseye
or
Solid Empyrean Sapphire

So 6 stam or 4 Dodge?