PDA

View Full Version : Inner Demon (yes another one)

Signu
04-14-2008, 06:14 AM
So I read all the threads about killing your inner demon as prot. They all say basically the same thing: Be in battle stance with a full rage bar, and do some dps, but focus on spell reflect. The problem is, in the 2 nights of attempts on Leo, only once did my inner demon actually cast more than one shadow bolt. Most of the other threads say just spell reflect. The only 2 times I was successful in killing him, I took off my shield and devastate spammed until execute range. Even then, I killed him with 1 and 3 seconds left.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

PS - I forgot to mention we wiped on him at 13% because I got MC'd right before the split.

klor
04-14-2008, 06:16 AM
Bad luck maybe? Stack more SBV for the fight... I just spell reflected and shield slammed mine. Managed to kill it before some of the rogues did. Wish I could offer more help :( Only had an inner demon on me once though, so I'll let you know next week when we do the fight again.

Signu
04-14-2008, 06:26 AM
I have 649 SBV for that fight. I really gimp stam if I put more on. I think I got the ID 5 or 6 times in the 2 nights. Kinda sad that my OT in full dps gear couldn't kill his either.

Caulle
04-14-2008, 06:35 AM
I always wore a mix of tank/areana gear. Once the switch happened, I'd just auto-attack Leo until I had a full rage bar to save for the demon. If I got Inner Demon, I'd just devastate/HS/WW the crap out of it. Never got MC'd once, and killed mine off faster than some of the actual DPS classes.

maddfez
04-14-2008, 06:52 AM
Get a slow, high dps main hand weapon....a Talon of Azshara or Alar fist weapon would be ideal from T5, but a Decapitator works well also. Wear your shield slam trinket and get a windfury totem. Battle stance, full rage bar, and spam SS / devastate. Spell reflect definitely helps, but you'll need to do a lot of damage on your own, esp if he only does one bolt.

Also, I'd highly recommend using several tanks on the belf phase. We generally had three or four of us fighting to pick him up, which helps cover gaffes and the general insanity of Leo sub 15%.

Clifford
04-14-2008, 08:42 AM
I find it better not to rely on shadow bolts as the times that I did wait I occasionally died due to a lack of them.

Before the demons I switch to beserker stance for beserker rage. I then switch to battle stance and use battle shout. Then I just go all out devastate and shield slam. If there is a bolt and I try to reflect it but it depends on cooldowns due to my spamming of attacks.

I have managed to kill my demon every time using this technique in normal tanking gear.

Signu
04-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the responses. From the other threads it seemed like 2 or 3 Shadow Bolts were the norm. Certainly won't count on them the next time.

hbombs
04-14-2008, 09:24 AM
In all honesty he hits like a girl. So i stay uncrittable but put on a few dps pieces/sbv. I use the abacus haste trinket as well as my autoblocker. have a full rage bar stay in D stance. once he pops blow both trinkets and dump 75% of your rage on SS/devestates. Once he shadowbolts spell reflect it then switch to zerker to execute. easy mode.

I have been MC'd once and i swear i killed him before the timer lol.

duvar
04-14-2008, 11:57 AM
I've never had him do more than one Shadow Bolt on me, and I always kill him. It does like 40% of his HP bar. Long as you have a full rage bar when he pops just keep hitting revenge and shield slam, pop bloodrage and spell reflect right when he uses shadow bolt, then execute at 20%. Also make sure you do the use effect on your Auto-Blocker. I haven't died in a long time to an Inner Demon, even in full tanking gear, and I only ever get one Shadow Bolt. Not really sure what else to say. You can try popping Recklessness if you really need to, but that will fail if you get more than 1 inner demon.

BTW, Spell Reflect is not on the global cooldown, so whoever said that they didn't use spell reflect sometimes because of CD not sure what they were talking about. You can always hit spell reflect given sufficient rage, so you should leave yourself a 20-30 rage buffer at all times.

AlmtyBob
04-14-2008, 01:55 PM
During Demon Phase I battle shout, press the button for my dps set which equips King's Defender and Fury (no shield), eat some fire blasts for rage, and if I get a demon I just devastate spam then execute. Never been MC'd (out of 5 demons maybe, I've been pretty lucky), usually have them down with 2-3 seconds left.

Since, as hbombs said, he hits like a girl, I also eat hit rating food and pop a Strength V scroll.

Dreadski
04-14-2008, 03:21 PM
Check it, this works every time, whether the demon uses shadow bolt once, twice, or never. Equip your slow dps main hand when the demon phase starts, build your rage. When you get a demon, shield slam, devastate, revenge, reflect. When it gets to 19%, switch to zerker, pop bloodrage and execute. I haven't been MCed since the first night, and I'm only using 450~ block value for it.

Clifford
04-14-2008, 04:36 PM
In all honesty he hits like a girl. So i stay uncrittable but put on a few dps pieces/sbv. I use the abacus haste trinket as well as my autoblocker. have a full rage bar stay in D stance. once he pops blow both trinkets and dump 75% of your rage on SS/devestates. Once he shadowbolts spell reflect it then switch to zerker to execute. easy mode.

I have been MC'd once and i swear i killed him before the timer lol.

Ah yes - forgot that I use the autoblocker as well. Been awhile since I have been there.

sevve
04-15-2008, 04:57 AM
I wear mostly +hit and expertise gear for this fight, since a dodge, parry or miss from Leo can mean I lose him after a ww.
Once demon phase starts I jump into zerker stance and get my dw out and just dps the boss.
If I get the demon I just throw in a battleshout and spam dev and ww. I've never ever been close to not killing my demon.

The problem with trying to kill it with a shield imo, si that your rage gets gimped when hiding behind a shield + the loss of extra white damage from offhand.

I'm not saying it's not possible with a shield, just saying I believe it's way harder.

If you still have problems killing it with dw(should only be possible with blue weapons imo), make sure you have blessing of might and even windfury.

Aughban
04-15-2008, 05:53 AM
i keep 490 defense, put most of my DPS gear on and try to keep my health low, go for mitigation. Nuke the demon asap and pop rec if u get under 5 seconds with more than 30% health. Works for me 99% of the time