PDA

View Full Version : Eternal Earthstorm Diamond & How You Activated It

Jericho
04-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Ok ... here's my dilemma in a nutshell.

Its obviously debatable by alot of people which Meta gem is best for who, what and many different situations, as pointed out by the thread discussing the merits of the gem itself. This is NOT about that. My dilemma is how to activate the gem itself.

Eternal Earthstorm Diamond requires 2 Blues and a Yellow. I do not know about most of you but I look at my sockets and I am a sea of blue gems and no "easy" to fill socket bonuses with a yellow/orange/green gem.

I guess I am asking which piece did you find the spot for your yellow socket in and what was your choice?

As far as I can see there's really only 3 choices for the nonheroic gems Thick Lionseye, Glinting Pyrestone. Enduring Seaspray Emerald or their "blue" equivalents. So which did you use? Why?

Trual
04-11-2008, 01:05 PM
I haven't decided if I'm going to do a Glinting Pyrestone or Enduring Seaspray Emerald in my T5 helm, but that's where I'll put it.

veneretio
04-11-2008, 01:45 PM
The best way is to socket your Khorium Destroyer with an 8 or 10 hit rating gem.

Horacio
04-11-2008, 01:52 PM
I had to use to Thick Dawnstones in my Bulwark of Ancient Kingsto get to uncrushable, so...yeah. My advice here is goofy because my tank has become an alt and hard to gear out the way I choose now.

Jericho
04-11-2008, 02:09 PM
The best way is to socket your Khorium Destroyer with an 8 or 10 hit rating gem.

Unfortunately I have the Rifle of the Stoic Guardian so thats not a real option for me at this time. If avoidance isn't an issue i would agree, but for overall encounters im still looking at using that over the Khorium.

byechee
04-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Rigid Lionseye in my t6 belt lululul.

Kavtor
04-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Kaz'rogal's Hardened Heart is a good place, assuming you don't need the EH advantage of Illidan's shield. And aren't using Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer anymore, since that's the best place for most people. A green gem in Aldori Legacy Defender isn't bad either.

In a pretty full T6 set (pre sunwell), I'm not sure where the best place would be. Obviously, Borderland Fortress Grips would be a good piece to really socked for avoidance, but the gap between using the Illidan shield and picking up Borderland is a bit of a trick. You just have to stick it somewhere that you're not getting a socket bonus anyway.

Aelvain
04-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Rigid Lionseye is also a good choice. 5 defense/7 stam is the weakest because you lose out on .5 stamina from rounding down. Don't freak about it, throwing a yellow in and even (OMG) a red and getting a socket bonus from one piece doesn't always hurt. But if you really are too scared of losing an insignificant amount of hp with 2 gems just do 5 agi/5 hit in your helm, gloves, or legs. Personally all of my yellow sockets are gemmed with 10 hit so this wasn't an issue.

Fitzlestick
04-14-2008, 01:06 AM
I activated mine by putting a red/yellow gem in my T6 helm. I switch gear around often so I didn't want to be dependent on combination of items (like the MH Shield or the engineering gun) to get the meta gem working.

Aughban
04-14-2008, 01:15 AM
i've got an enduring talasite in my GBKD

adrenalize
04-14-2008, 06:57 AM
If your an Engineer then putting an enduring talsite into your tankatronic goggles Is the only way to go

Caulle
04-14-2008, 07:47 AM
10 Hit gem in my Kaz shield. I never thought about the Khorium Destroyer though.

Malignus
04-14-2008, 08:32 AM
Would be easier to tell you if we could see your armory.

Nez
04-14-2008, 08:39 AM
I put a +10 hit in my new 2.4 badge belt for now. Will be putting one in my Helmet when I upgrade it next so they are together.

ebs2002
04-14-2008, 01:22 PM
I have a few yellow slots filled: 4def 6sta in my Khorium Destroyer, and a pair of 4def 6sta in Bulwark of the Ancient Kings. I'm using the yellow gems in my BotAK because while it's better than the 2.4 badge chest, I'm taking a bit of a def hit without it. Talasites are so cheap on my server (like 10g cut on the AH, compared to 50g for a solid star of elune), that I'm not going to cry too much if I get more def later and overwrite it with a 12 or 15sta gem.

Morgo
04-16-2008, 08:32 PM
I basically did it the same way as Nezastus, just throw a +hit/+def/mixed color yellow in your shiny new 2.4 Badge loot belt :) I used Stalwart Fire Opal which I had lying around...

Yuudai
04-22-2008, 04:10 AM

i socketed it with a talasite for more avoidence/eh but yes in general thats the way to active the gem easily

8 hit gems are descent threat gems that take the yellow socket

4 def rate/6 stam gems are also yellow

Bosk
04-22-2008, 04:48 AM
i've got an enduring talasite in my GBKD

I thought everyone did. Its an EH slot filler, right?

Dragaan
06-27-2008, 04:25 AM
Get engineering goggles and you'll be good =)

Armstrong
06-27-2008, 06:43 AM
Threat metagem goes in threat helm with a Hit rating gem. That takes care of the yellow gem requirement no matter what other gear you have equipped.

For me that's Warbringer Greathelm with a Rigid Lionseye and Glyph of Ferocity.

Kamani
06-27-2008, 03:52 PM

=/ Why would you socket a survivability gun with hit? Get Nightstrike from non-heroic MgT for threat.

clavarnway
06-27-2008, 05:40 PM
I activated mine by using the def/stam gem in my engineering tank goggles.

clavarnway
06-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Threat metagem goes in threat helm with a Hit rating gem. That takes care of the yellow gem requirement no matter what other gear you have equipped.

For me that's Warbringer Greathelm with a Rigid Lionseye and Glyph of Ferocity.

This is only true if you have more than one decent helm. For alot of people who are using t4 they don't, and should thus use the more defensive helm enchant.