PDA

View Full Version : Dragonstrike vs. Vanir's Right First of Brutality

Myzery
04-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Fury DPS:
Dragonstrike or Vanir's Right Fist of Brutality?

Does anyone have an established conversion for dragonstrike to a static haste value?
Proc of 212 haste puts weapon speed of Dragonstrike at 2.33. I believe hidden CD is 45 seconds, correct?

Corbusier
04-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Dragonstrike has no internal CD, it can proc back to back.

It's very tough to call, but for anyone other than humans, the fist is most likely slightly better.

Bananasmasht
04-11-2008, 05:19 AM
Dragonstrike is better, fury warriors are around 40-50% white damage, and while the fist will do more white, it will do less damage in your 50-60% Yellow

Arrivan
04-11-2008, 06:13 AM
I wrote a small piece on this topic a couple of weeks ago. My conclusion (reached by using the Elitist Jerks Fury warrior spreadsheet) was that Dragonstrike is better for a human who is not already over the expertise soft cap without the racial. However, the difference was very minimal (Dragonstrike won by less than 3 DPS).

I have not tested the difference in practice because 1. my server hasn't finished the anvil yet and 2. I don't have 105 badges to spend on it as I already bought Vortices to make Dragonstrike. On a side note though, I will be getting one of the off hands. They're much better than Fury.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the Right Fist is an upgrade over Dragonstrike for non-human warriors. If you're not human, get the fist.

Corbusier
04-11-2008, 06:14 AM
Fury warriors range from 36-44% white damage.

while the fist will do more white, it will do less damage in your 50-60% Yellow
And that doesn't really make sense.

GarrettJaxx
04-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Corb, Dragonstrike looks much cooler ... that's got to be worth something?

For me, I am no Hammersmith so ... fists here I come.

Corbusier
04-11-2008, 12:28 PM
It's true :( And I'm using it now.

But hell, if I'm gonnna shove my hands up the butt of a rainbow death peacock, I might as well be symmetrical and get 2.

GarrettJaxx
04-11-2008, 12:33 PM
hell, if I'm gonnna shove my hands up the butt of a rainbow death peacock

I lol'd.

Razmo
04-15-2008, 04:10 AM
hahaha good one. I myself love the mace to much to switch to the fists, but I will get the offhand when the anvil is rdy.

according to wowhead:

Merciless Gladiator's Cleaver - 1405.175 EP DW (962.425 MH; 442.75 OH)
Rage / Fury - 1380.188 EP (950.868 MH; 429.32 OH)
Vanir Right Fist / Vanir Left Fist - 1489.24 EP (1015.12 MH; 474.12 OH)

Skips
04-15-2008, 04:14 AM
I personally am looking forwards to more weapons out there that burn my retinas, so go for fists.

Ukyo
04-15-2008, 09:11 AM
best thing to do... get the offhand fist, and model edit it XD

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9258/wowscrnshot041308131614bq9.th.jpg (http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wowscrnshot041308131614bq9.jpg)

(waiting until allakhazam has Grip of Mannoroth data <3)

BoomBeef
04-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Ukyo did you edit that to look like the Fist of Molten Fury?

I still can't bring myself to spend badges on those fist weapons, although both of my guild Enhancement Shamans have them now. The funny thing is neither Shaman wanted the Molten Claw/Fist set which matches their Tier gear and that ended up going to both our Prot. warriors for fun use.

Back to subject though, beside looking like a peacock and being human, any other reason not to pick up Vanir's over Dragonstrike? Is the speed an issue for anyone?
I'm a mace-smith btw.

byechee
04-22-2008, 11:59 AM
dstrike>all. hitting things with the head of a dragon? yes plz.

Arrivan
04-23-2008, 02:07 AM
If your character is not human, then the right fist is better than Dragonstrike for you (refer to my first post in this thread). Ever since I read the thread around here about how haste does not reduce rage generated per hit, I'm inclined to think that the fist might even equal or surpass Dragonstrike for humans too (although <1 rage point per hit is not a big deal when I regularly have trouble ditching it all anyway), but someone with more time and inclination than me would have to crunch the numbers. I'm still going to stick with my dragon head hammer though since I've already gone to the effort of making and enchanting it, and I don't have badges to spare on a sidegrade weapon.

In short, non humans should only stick with Dragonstrike if there are bigger upgrades to be had with their badges first (Angelista's Revenge comes to mind, that's next on my list) or for sentimental reasons. I'd want to stick with my dragon head over a peacock fist, too.

Razmo
06-09-2008, 05:44 PM
yes I have 2 warriors. I know it's weird but I just love them. Anyway my main (my fury warrior) The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Chromaggus&n=Carefish) used to have the mace. I dropped it for the armor smith chest. My guild is busy in bt (cleared mh) and i'm not gonne get the mace back or the badge fists. I'dd much rather take the supremus mace: Syphon of the Nathrezim - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32262) . It rocks cuz of the speed. I'll be buying my badge fist aswell but thats only cuz our shammy wants to dw the fists from supremus. After that I might get mine. But who knows how long that might take :P.