PDA

View Full Version : Shattered Sun Pendant of Might

Cayleb
04-10-2008, 08:55 AM
I've been curious about this for a bit, and after browsing EJ and TS, I haven't been able to really find a whole lot of information. As an Aldor, does anyone know how the necklace and its 200 AP proc stacks up against the likes of the Pendant from SSC trash or perhaps the haste neck from ZA?

Corbusier
04-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Depending on the uptime on the proc, it's either slightly better or slightly worse than the PotP.

Both are hugely better than the haste neck.

Brucimus
04-11-2008, 12:40 PM
I passed on the Pendant of the Perilous last night. I have no idea if I made a good decision or not. They both have the same amount of AP and I know that Strength is always better then AP Rating IFShattered Sun Pendant of Might procs often at all I think it will be better then the SSC neck

bosephus
04-11-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm a tank, but I bought one for my dps set...hey, it was only 30g or so at exalted. I can't tell you how good it is compared to those other items, but I can say it procs quite frequently...while soloing it seems to proc on every other fight.

As an aside, this item, plus the Skyguard Silver Cross and the Shard of Contempt plus Battle Shout all result in a nearly 900AP boost when all of the procs are up. They don't all proc at the same time all the time, but they all seem to proc often enough to make soloing that much easier as a Prot tank.

GarrettJaxx
04-17-2008, 09:26 AM
Skyguard Silver Cross and the Shard of Contempt plus Battle Shout all result in a nearly 900AP boost when all of the procs are up.
Unfortunately, Skyguard Cross only has a chance to proc when you have the killing blow, a tough call in a raid situation I think.

Bloodlust Brooch has consistent AP and a Use chance for more - that's what you want.

As for the Pendant of the Perilous compared to the Shattered Sun Pendant of Might, I feel the Perilous pendant is superior for the following:
1) more crit (18 Agility gives you something like .6% crit I think? Maybe less), this is a full 1%.
2) AP is the same approximately but strength gives you additional benefits to dps.
3) The proc on the Pendant is, I thought, an AOE proc. I could be wrong. But if I'm right, this can be bad with CC's walking around.
4) Oh yeah - more stam.

That's my thought, am I misrepresenting the facts guys? Don't worry it will drop again, it always does.

Nikya
04-17-2008, 09:44 AM
The Aldor proc on the SSO neck is amazing. 200 extra AP for 10 seconds, with (I believe) a 45 second internal cooldown. My guild's fury warrior made the switch from the Pendant of the Perilous and he loves it, and I use the SSO neck for my DPS set. That said, if you're Scryers, the Pendant of the Perilous is almost certainly better, because I believe the proc on the SSO neck for Scryers is only like 500 damage.

GarrettJaxx
04-18-2008, 03:02 PM
The Aldor proc on the SSO neck is amazing. 200 extra AP for 10 seconds, with (I believe) a 45 second internal cooldown. My guild's fury warrior made the switch from the Pendant of the Perilous and he loves it, and I use the SSO neck for my DPS set. That said, if you're Scryers, the Pendant of the Perilous is almost certainly better, because I believe the proc on the SSO neck for Scryers is only like 500 damage.
Are you serious?!?!?!?! Shattered Sun Pendant proc is AP?!?!?! I thought it was damage to a mob ('Light damage' , I guess I wasn't thinking). Must check it out. thanks!

Ukyo
04-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Are you serious?!?!?!?! Shattered Sun Pendant proc is AP?!?!?! I thought it was damage to a mob ('Light damage' , I guess I wasn't thinking). Must check it out. thanks!

Actually, is both. If you're scryers, you'll get the damage and if you're aldor, you'll get 200 AP. The scryers buff reminds me of the Maelstrom card... good times =(

GarrettJaxx
04-19-2008, 07:58 AM
I picked up the Shattered Sun Pendant, for Aldor, omg - noticeable improvement in DPS over the Pendant of the Perilous. No contest. Thing is up 15% of the time, without fail for me, and on top of that, I've got the Shard proccing 38% of the time. Serious AP improvement, translated to about a 30 dps improvement for me according to EJ Spreadsheet.

Rampart
04-19-2008, 08:13 AM
I think it really boils down to what your current gear is like. If you're lacking crit, PotP is probably better since crit is needed for a fury warrior to well be, a fury warrior. But if say your crit is already pushing 30%+ raid buffed, and you're Aldor, the SSP will give a larger boost due to the AP proc. If you're Scryer, stick with the PotP.

Radhja
04-19-2008, 09:30 AM
The Aldor proc = +200AP
The Scryer proc = ???