PDA

View Full Version : New to Tankspot

Imorthan
04-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Hi everyone,
i have come across this amazing site in my search for answers and knowledge of my class, im extremly happy i have found tankspot.com

After reading a few things it seems my gear is a little on the odd side,

Currently i am tanking at 5/6 ssc and 2/4 TK

id love it if some people could look at my armory and check out my gear atm and help point me into the correct direction

im here for help and would love it so please help me round out the rough edges

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Imorthan)

thanks in advance

Imo

Imorthan
04-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Anybody?

kittikat
04-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Heya Imorthan! Welcome to TS :D

I'm a Druid, so kinda weak on the Warrior side of things, but I'm sure someone will be able to throw a little insight to your gearing soon :D

Imorthan
04-17-2008, 12:27 AM
hey Kittikat, thanks for the reply : )

i await the answers i seak lol

Silthias
04-17-2008, 05:21 AM
Personally i would not say that your gear was that odd, it seems to be quite nicely comprised, my suggestions would be to swap the Darkmoon card for the moroes trinket,the slight loss in HP shouldn't be a problem as you have a nice amount already, and well the on use part of moroes i have a hard time doing without for its OH SHIT!!! moments, can be a life saver if a healer gets silenced or something like that.

Maybe swap the 240 armor enchant of the gloves and get the 2% threat instead, as thats the best threat boost you can do imo, since it is scaling, and the EH loss you would suffer from the 240 armor is also something you should be able to survive with.

Along that line also the 12 agi on cloak enchant is a something i personally would replace with a 12 dodge, the reason for this is Silks is a very nice dodge cloak, so i would personally suggest maxing its dodge, ie min maxing your gear abit, to make gear swapping around easier. the slight loss in crit and armor wouldn't be that big, though leaving it with the agi on wouldn't hurt either, iv used both and they are both good enchants, just personal preference in that respect.

Basically nothing that jumps out as NEEDING to be changed, just small things that may boost you ever so slightly.

Hope thats of some use.

Regards,

Silthias

Cynocide
04-17-2008, 05:29 AM
One thing that I am curious about is to why you have the Dark Moon: Madness trinket instead of Dark Moon: Vengeance trinket. Secondly, 2% Threat to your gloves is much better, imo, than 240 Armor in terms of Threat, of course, which in the long run helps your DPS hold back less if any happen to 'slow down' for a bit.

Lobo
04-17-2008, 06:38 AM
I'd follow the advise listed above. Lose the armor enchant on your gloves and get threat. The mats arent terrible and your DPS will thank you.

As far as your talents go:

No 2/2 Imp Taunt? Really? Going into Hyjal yer gonna want it for the trash alone. Lose imp shield wall.

Imorthan
04-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Thank you all so much : )

In regards to the Darkmoon card, the vengance card on my server is outrageous inregards to price, 3k vs the 400ish gold it cost me for all the cards for the madness is the reason

no imp taunt yet but the points will be swapped once from imp shield wall to imp taunt when i hit MH,

i have 2% on my trash gloves atm, should i use 2% across all 3 gloves? or leave my EH with the 240 armor and avoidance with the agil chant?

Leo is being a jerk and just doesnt seem to have a defender token.... so atm im keeping t5 legs over the new badge ones for the set bonus untill i can get my grubby little paws on the destroyer gloves

with the cloak enchant i had the small armor amount in mind rather than the additional 0.22 dodge the 12+ dodge gives over the 12 agil , but ill get that sorted during the day and get it changed over

thanks again guys

deefe
04-17-2008, 03:41 PM
Your gear looks pretty solid. Maybe consider new rings if you're fortunate enough to have them drop

Tidewalker: Ring of Sundered Souls
TK Trash: Seventh Ring of the Tirisfalen

hope leo wises up and drops your gloves

Imorthan
04-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Tide walker has been nice to me and i currently use that ring in my avoidance set,

Ive not seen the TK ring yet

We are planning on starting MH next week so the respec will come then, ill keep everyone posted on any changes

thanks again guys, i really apreciate it

Tizack
04-18-2008, 03:43 AM
I actually love the way ur gear is setup except for the double stam trinket. Imo its always good to ahve a utility/use trinket and one stam one or 2 utility. but 2 stam is sort of a bugger cuz u never have an OH shit button to hit.
i also agree with Silthias about the enchant on ur gloves. go with threat or stamina.
but nice gear overall u are definatly geared for ur raid progression. healers should ahve no probs with u at all :P