PDA

View Full Version : Praetorian's Legguards

Tanksinatra
04-09-2008, 11:57 PM
I just picked up the praetorian's legguards from shade of akama. I'm an off tank for the guild, how should I be gemming these? I don't really have access to epic gems yet and I wouldn't want to use the guilds small stock on these.

link to the new pants: Praetorian's Legguards - Items - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32263)
link to my armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Tanksinatra)

looks like it capped my gear while i was seeing how high i could get my SBV, so hopefully it looks right soon :D

thanks in advance for any advice

veneretio
04-10-2008, 12:26 AM
I'd just throw three 12 or 15 Stamina gems in them.

Jericho
04-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Realistically you should be asking your guild for the 3 stam gems to enchant them. If you are into Shade, you will see enough gems drop soon enough to make up for those that you use. Your guild's stockpile of Sapphire's and Spinels will ALWAYS be lower than the other gems simply because people use them. As you should be using them here.

Aelvain
04-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Realistically you should be asking your guild for the 3 stam gems to enchant them. If you are into Shade, you will see enough gems drop soon enough to make up for those that you use. Your guild's stockpile of Sapphire's and Spinels will ALWAYS be lower than the other gems simply because people use them. As you should be using them here.

...what? There should always be a ton of Sapphires in stock since the only worthwhile one is 15 stamina and only 2-3 people in your guild would use them at the most, vs. every caster, hunter, warrior, and enh. shaman and healer wanting the Spinels.

Anyway back on topic 15 stamina gems work, or you can gem 2x10 defense 1x10 dodge. The nice thing about these is obviously the 3 gem slots, so you can customize these to be an avoidance piece, a threat piece (2x10 hit, 1x5 agi, 5 hit), or a stamina piece. Personally I have 2 pairs, one with 3 15 stamina gems and one with 2x10 defense and 1 10 dodge. Gorefiend probably favors stamina a little more but really is a walk in the park to heal for, while Bloodboil strongly favors avoidance, if that influences your decision at all.

Driggan
04-10-2008, 05:22 PM
If I could pick these or the new badge legs, which should I go for?

Jericho
04-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Well from the position of a progressing guild who has had very good luck with tank loot and very bad luck on Sapphire drops, we tend to have about 5-6 and then another tank or priest/druid wants another couple stam or spirit gems. So yeah ...

However, I would still say that 3x Stamina is the best thing for just about any socket other than the odd single red that you could put a stam/agi amethyst into to get a worthwild socket bonus.

Kavtor
04-10-2008, 09:58 PM
3x 15 stam make them one of the highest stamina pieces you can get. T6 legs have a lot more avoidance, so I'd setup Praet as an EH piece, and T6 as an avoidance piece once you get a chance to pick them up.

You'll have lots of gems, no sense not using them on loot you're not likely to replace.

Narshe
04-10-2008, 11:39 PM
...what? There should always be a ton of Sapphires in stock since the only worthwhile one is 15 stamina and only 2-3 people in your guild would use them at the most, vs. every caster, hunter, warrior, and enh. shaman and healer wanting the Spinels.

Some healers tend to wear MP5/Spirit gems on each slot where they can. >.<