PDA

View Full Version : Planning badge purchase and PvP chest.

Danielm7
04-09-2008, 11:47 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kul+Tiras&n=Snaxx)

There is a link to my warrior. I've been doing kara for awhile, since he's an alt he doesn't go much past kara and eventually gruul/mag, only so many hours in the week.

I've had terrible luck with kara drops for months now. I've been exaulted for months and never seen the chestpiece off Nightbane, the shoulders off Netherspite, Shade's ring, Maiden's gloves, etc...

I have about 110 badges right now, I also have enough arena points to buy the S3 chest as well. Any suggestions of I should save my 100 and buy the new chestpiece when the new badge vendor is opened up then spend all the other badges I get on bracers, neck, etc. Or should I buy the S3 chestpiece, maybe throw a +15 def enchant on there if needed then use the badges I have to buy other gear?

Thanks.

Danielm7
04-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Ok, I bought the S3 chestpiece and I'm maybe 2 weeks away from the exaulted SSO neck.

With that in mind, should I get the badge bracers next? Maybe a week or two after that the new badge legs? Any other ideas?
Thanks.

Tanksinatra
04-18-2008, 12:09 PM
my only suggestions are:

Don't use pvp gear to tank. You should be Aldor, so go get revered and get that chest. If you're not, use the badges you have saved to get the badge chest as soon as your server opens the anvil.

After that, here's an article that lists the badge rewards in order of how to get them:
The Badge Pick Order: 2.4 Edition - Warriors - TankingTips.com (http://www.tankingtips.com/2008/04/09/the-badge-pick-order-24-edition/)

Also, don't be too worried about getting that ring from shade, the blue one you're using is actually pretty good.

Danielm7
04-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Well, I've been using the Aldor revered one since I hit 70. The problem is when I do kara most of the other people are T5-6 level dps so I was trying to up my threat generation. By switching chestpieces I lost 1% dodge plus the defense of course, gained a ton of armor, health, some hit rating, crit, etc.. I haven't actually tanked anything in the new chestpiece yet so I can't say much more about it.

Tanksinatra
04-18-2008, 12:38 PM
well if TPS is your concern than the new badge belt and pants should be high priority, as well as the old badge neck/SSO neck. Look for hit and expertise. again, read up on the article in my first post, it should help you pick out what to get with those pesky badges :D

Nuberino
04-18-2008, 12:52 PM
The S3 chest is a very good tanking piece if you can make up for the lack of defensive stats elsewhere. I would go with the S3 chest if you have points and buy other badge items first. S3 chest has a very high effective health... I still debate whether I should do arenas to replace my T4 piece with it.

It will allow you to spend your badges on other upgrades while not gimping your chest.

Looking at your current gear I would buy the following in this order:

2.3 badge wrist (35 badges)
2.3 badge neck (35 badges) -- unless you are closing on exalted SSO in which case pick up that neck)
2.4 badge ring (60 badges) -- your weakest piece is the elementium band at the moment
2.4 badge pants (100 badges) -- ranked higher because you are still in wrynn's pants and have the iron-tusk belt
2.4 badge belt (75 badges)
2.4 badge chest (100 badges) -- last because you have the s3

jlafleur
04-18-2008, 12:57 PM
If you want to up your threat generation, get a better weapon too. 375 BS = Blazefury if you can't obtain something else.