PDA

View Full Version : imba website

Borackes
04-08-2008, 09:37 AM
I was just wondering what you guys thought about this website and how accurate it is Be Imba! - the online Character Auditor for World of Warcraft (http://be.imba.hu/) the reason is because I've been reading tankspot for about 5 months now and it's telling me that my expertise is overcapped. I find that odd since I only have the neck, barcers and a ring (badge gear). However I don't use this on every fight but most I do. it's saying 6.5 > 5.6 but I thought the goal was to hit 10%.

As well it seems to be calcualting the score off of my gems which says "Missed socketed bonus 3" because I have mainly stam gems in there. If I am being penalized for that then there really could be a problem if raid leaders are using this to build the raids.

What are your thoughts pls.

Bor

Kazeyonoma
04-08-2008, 09:46 AM
like all "audit" sites, they have generalities that can't be used as hardcore baselines for chars.
true you need only 5.6% expertise skill (read: 22.4 skill!) to reduce dodges, but parries range anywhere from 8-16% on bosses. assuming 16% is the highest parry chance on a boss you would need a whopping: 64 expertise SKILL to cap that. Sure its not practical, but parry mechanics kill tanks, and that's more important to a tank than what some dumb auditor site says.

ebs2002
04-08-2008, 09:48 AM
It's not penalizing you, just saying that it's a "potential problem". The missed socketed bonus is just something so you can quickly see how many socket bonuses the person isn't getting. Most raid leaders know that socket bonuses aren't the be-all end-all (ie, my tanking bp is Bulwark of the Ancient Kings, and while I do right now have the socket bonus with a pair of 4def 6sta and a 12sta gem, the extra crit rating is wholly unnecessary.

As for the expertise, I'd post on their forums that warriors aren't limited by the 5.6% expertise cap, because frontal attacks can still be parried. They've been pretty good so far at looking into issues like this. You could link them to TankSpot if they don't believe you.

Hypatia
04-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Yeah, my take on the tool is that it's useful, but you should be careful because the "problems" it points out can be misleading. I recommended to my guild that if anybody (presumably a casual member) uses it to check over their characters, they make sure to check with a class expert before making any expensive enchanting or gemming changes that they don't completely understand.

Marrick
04-08-2008, 12:06 PM
It's good for picking up on missed/improper enchants and some other little things like that. I find it handy for quickly evaluating people's gear level to see if they're ready for ZA/TK/SSC. It's not going to replace real knowledge, but it's a handy tool.