PDA

View Full Version : 2H Fury Slam Tips

limitgenesis
04-05-2008, 08:44 PM
ive been playing fury for bout 3 months now in ssc/tk and have gotten everything, and i just today switch to this 20/41 spec to try it out. i did a za run with no consumables and missing some raid buffs but was able to pull 800-1000 dps on bosses, i found this to be dam good for 2h. so im now going to invest more time into getting better with it. so i also noticed that timing with slam is the most important part of how this build works and im wondering on tips to better time my slams with white, should i be waiting to see the white dmg or slam just before the autoswing timer gets full cause i noticed sometimes im to early and sometimes it messes up with glancing blows and find my self waiting on the autoswing again. i guess i just need some tips for when to use slam and how to deal with glaning blows. im also using the ld50 cast bar mod dunno if its the best mod to be using though

Anik
04-06-2008, 10:22 AM
2H Fury can produce a lot of damage but managing your rage and allocating enough to keep rampage up can be a real pain. You also miss out on Blood Frenzy which is a ton of raid damage, MS will also produce better damage than Bloodthirst with a 2hander.

With 5/5 flurry and depending on your weapon you're probably approaching the 2.5 haste cap for a slam rotation, meaning you have to be on the ball. Wait until you see the damage from your white hit before slamming, it's okay to be a little late. Nothing is more detrimental to your DPS than hitting slam too early.

I'd recommend the swing timer included with Quartz, it will display your latency on your swings which can help with your timing.

Pise
04-07-2008, 03:15 AM
How do you tell Quartz to display latency on the swing timer please? I've been slamming my face on my desk for lack of being able to figure it out.

Ukyo
04-07-2008, 05:50 AM
Loledit: Ups, missread about the question. I don't think you can actually put a latency on the Swing bar, but i'll check and give you a more consise answer.

Anik
04-07-2008, 06:58 AM
How do you tell Quartz to display latency on the swing timer please? I've been slamming my face on my desk for lack of being able to figure it out.

As I understand it your swings and swing timer are server-side meaning no latency is displayed on it as it's not effected by lag.

Your cast timer, however, is client-side and displays the approximate lag it takes for the server to receive you command to slam.

In Meek's Slam Guide he suggests:

When you hit your slam button Quartz will display your latency on the Slam swing timer. Remember this number every time you slam. For example if it says 300 MS then you watch your swing timer and when there is 300 MS left in the swing timer hit slam. When done correctly the slam will start as soon as the auto attack happens.

Another suggestion is the "TcpAckFrequency Lag Fix." In my experience this tweak dropped my WoW lag from ~200 to ~50. This does involve editing your Windows registry so be careful. You can find it here: SK Gaming | World of Warcraft: Smart fix allows you to drop your ping by 150 (http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/15500-Smart_fix_allows_you_to_drop_your_ping_by_150)

Here's my UI to show an example of Quartz's swing/slam timers and the benefit of the lag tweak:

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2762/slamtimeryf6.jpg

Velr
04-09-2008, 02:13 AM
MS will also produce better damage than Bloodthirst with a 2hander.

This is not true?

If you start gearing up MS will be stronger than BT.. But if you get over 3k Attackpower in Raids BT will hit harder... and harder the more you get.. BT's scaling with Attackpower is insane?

byechee
04-09-2008, 04:23 PM
LD50 abar is a far superior swing time mod, as it is solely a swing time mod, and also displays your latency at the end of your swing timer so you can begin your slam a fraction earlier without clipping your AA. it is infinitely easier to configure and use, and I would definitely recommend it over Quartz.

Ukyo
04-09-2008, 08:19 PM
LD50 abar is a far superior swing time mod, as it is solely a swing time mod, and also displays your latency at the end of your swing timer so you can begin your slam a fraction earlier without clipping your AA. it is infinitely easier to configure and use, and I would definitely recommend it over Quartz.

does that mod work with DW, because Quartz only works for 2H weapons, still haven't figured out why

Nayre
04-09-2008, 10:24 PM
It's not so much that it works with only 2h weapons, it's that it's hard for a swing timer to work with 2 weapons. (So, 1h weapon + shield will work). As I recall, the combat log doesn't say which weapon you hit with, so it makes it very difficult to say precisely when each weapon will hit.

Corbusier
04-10-2008, 06:12 AM
Why would you need a swing timer for dual wielding anyway?

Anik
04-10-2008, 05:48 PM
This is not true?

If you start gearing up MS will be stronger than BT.. But if you get over 3k Attackpower in Raids BT will hit harder... and harder the more you get.. BT's scaling with Attackpower is insane?
I was talking about the specs in general. The added DPS of Blood Frenzy will over-shadow any Rampage/Bloodthirst build in a raiding environment, period. 10% more attack speed and attack power will never make up for Blood Frenzy, Death Wish, and Sword spec.

Not to derail, but Anik, the numbers on your ability bar icons...are those top damage records for those attacks? What mods are you using(not just for that, overall, I like the look of some of the other components as well).
The little numbers is a mod called Dr. Damage (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/6491/) which adds in game theory crafting to your tooltips and displays the average dmg of an ability depending on your gear, buffs, etc. Really helpful if you're into that stuff.

limitgenesis
04-13-2008, 10:48 AM
i went ms spec i love it much better, dps is better and ive seen an improvement in my melee dpsers to. sword spec is the only way to go its amazing the burst dmg that happens somtimes