PDA

View Full Version : Am i ready for raids ? What should i focus on ?

Ulfgar
04-04-2008, 02:54 AM
Hello there !

Long time i've been following thoses forums around, mainly from when i didn't actually play a tank, in order to give tips to thoses i had under my orders.

Though, here i am now on the other side of the bareer, and i'd love some tips as to what improve first, in order to get ready for some hot kara action.

I have actually a dozen badges of justice, no more - got sun eater and jade skull on first mech. run, so did i for the heroic belt.

Amongst my options, there's the gyro-balanced khorium destroyer on the craft side, i also could use 4 heroic drops : bracers from the steamvaults, setthek shoulders, furnace boots and botanica gloves.

Third option would be to go ahead and put +12 sta gems a bit everywhere, instead of thoses nasty +9 sta.

Sadly, gems cost quite a bit of money, and i don't know if i shouldn't actually buy thoses gems and keep 'em in the bank for the moment i'll put my hands on some t4 or equivalent quality loots.

Fourth option would be to enchant all this stuff (thinking mainly of mongoose on sun eater, as i'm pretty sure i'll keep it for an avoidance set - maybe i should put a +hp on my BP as well...

Well, here it is guys, if you were in my position, what would you focus on first ? Shall i spend big bucks to gem / enchant my current gear, that is after all nearly all blues ? Thanks in advance !

P.S. : Don't focus too much on my current guild, only created it to have a big vault to put my goodies in ;)

P.S. 2 : Guess the armory link should appear on my sig. Click it !

Gravy
04-04-2008, 03:11 AM
If I were you, I would just toss a 30 stam/10 agil patch on my legs, 150hp to chest, 18 stam to shield, and put a 18 stam meta in your helm. ~700 hp for ~200-250 gold.

There is no point to putting 12 stam gems into blues that you're going to replace in karazhan. It's just a waste of money, and in comparison to the option above: 250g in gems would only be 15 stamina if you're upgrading from 9 stamina gems to 12 (At 50g per gem). Not the best option.

The gyro balanced is something you should look at once you have excess gold, for now your ranged weapon is fine.

As far as the heroic items go, work on them.. but don't wait until you have them to run kara.

Ulfgar
04-04-2008, 03:34 AM
Hoo, I forgot indeed about the shield enchant, as well as armor patches.

Guess i'll do that ASAP, and as you said, try to work on thoses heroic for badges / by chance, get lucky drops.

Thanks for the heads up, had quite a bit of possible directions, and I was beginning to get a bit lost.

Thanks !

SunChilde
04-04-2008, 05:54 AM
Elementium Band of the Sentry - Items - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28407)

go pick that up

Flesh Beast's Metal Greaves - Items - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29325)

Would be a pretty nice upgrade

Perhaps go run TK or MgT a bunch of time for Shat'ar / Sunwell rep and get their respective exalted reputation shields. The sunwell one is better, and a huge shield upgrade (for you and me both =p )

And it won't let me look at your armory any more =p so that is it for today. I am a little bit ahead of you in terms of progression, take a look at my stuff and aim for it a bit I'd say =p

Ulfgar
04-04-2008, 06:53 AM
I feared the sunwell rep. would be put at work, i'm a bit torn between grinding normal instance around 16 times without any drop for me there apart of the shield at exalted, or gathering up some equipment to run it on heroic... Guess i'll run some heroic sha'tar

About mana-tombs boots, i fear i have sold them already, hehe...

I'll give a look at your armory !

Edit : Oh, nice blue shield (for my progression level, of course..) you have here - i thought the only one attainable would have been the one on some of the first bosses of SLabs. Heroic botanica / arcatraz it'll be for me then ;)

Dunmail
04-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Don't forget the Ogrila rep one as iirc it only requires honoured and is half decent with a couple of 12 stam gems and the 18 stam ench on it and costs peanuts in shards. The dailies also fund the gems/enchants, especially if it will take a while to grind shatar rep etc.

Worked for me to get into KZ, though I arsed up and grabbed the badge shield which lasted a week before NB was nice.

Ulfgar
04-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Revered to Ogri'la for the shield, actually... But i may as well consider it while making gold pieces, indeed !

Squeegiemama
04-05-2008, 01:00 AM
The dailies on the island and in Shatt give a ton of rep...keep on them and that will help you out lots.

Gladiator's Shield Wall is a very good shield that you can grind for as well.