PDA

View Full Version : Add tanking Hydross

madslane
04-03-2008, 10:17 PM
I did a search and didn't come up with anything that really helped, so I figured I would ask.

Currently gearing up to be an offtank for Hydross adds, and I'm having a hard time finding out what gear I should mix and match, to give me a min of 175 resistance and 12k hp and as close to uncritable as possible. Anybody got a gear guide, that I overlooked, or a warcrafter.net link that shows an off-tank for Hydross, using Kara/Badge/craftable gear?

Shortypop
04-04-2008, 12:36 AM
I don't know of any specific guide off hand, but I would do something like:

Epic crafted nature ring: 35
Epic crafted frost ring: 35
Epic crafted frost neck: 30
Epixc crafted nature helm (and enchant): 70
Epic crafted frost legs: 60

That gets you to 105 nature, 125 frost. Then I'd go +resistance all on shoulders (if you have a spare pair - netherspites ones work well as they have sockets as well that can be used).

Kind a depends on:
- how many adds you are meant to be tanking?
- can you assume you will have both a pally/shaman and hunter in your group?

A couple of options:
- Gear less for resistance but swallow a +resist all flask; or gear more for resistance and swallow a +resilience or +stam/def flask?
- Adds are level 72 (pretty sure of this) so you only need less defense (or a combination of resilience) to be crit imuune
- Do you have a spare pair of shoulders to enchant and preferably gem with +resist all? A spare cloak for + resist all?

You probably don't need the epic stuff for tanking adds, but we geared our warrior out in them for it, mainly so that if needed we could swop him into main tanking if needed with only a minimum of effort. I suspect he's only at about 200 fully buffed (including flask).

Clifford
04-04-2008, 10:10 AM
The adds hit for very little. Use some green resistance items at the most and save your money/nethers for some other more meaningful use.

I always off-tank at least one frost add in my full nature resistance set when waiting for my turn to tank Hydross again - I have yet to die or hear the healers complain :)

Ruminator
04-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Yeah, OT'ing the adds isn't bad even if you're not in the right resist set for it. I wind up doing the same thing as Clifford every time. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Armstrong
04-05-2008, 06:48 PM
- Gear less for resistance but swallow a +resist all flask

Last I checked, resistance from consumable didn't stack with MotW or the pally / shammy / hunter auras.

Also, many people will tell you to tank the adds in your normal tanking gear with just the above auras. Unless your tanking gear is extremely weak to begin with, every piece of resist gear you equip will reduce your existing avoidance, and given how litte damage the adds do, isn't necessarily worth the tradeoff.