PDA

View Full Version : low dps in raids, what am i doing wrong?

lif
04-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Sorry I'm new to this forum, and fury warriors, I don't really understand what I'm doing to only get about 511 DPS in SSC, am I gemming completely wrong and no enchants? Gear choice ineffective?

I follow the DPS Cycle: White hits till above 50 rage, BT, WW, HS, HS, and I keep BT and WW on CD's all the time.. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot and also for my lack of knowledge of this class. :O

EDIT/ whoopss, forgot to put my armory link

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tichondrius&n=Liful)

Gorgrim Warcry
04-03-2008, 03:08 AM
Hit Rating 93
(best redneck voice)Theres your problem right there.

Stack hit rating until you get at least 137
Stack Str until you are at 3k raid buffed
Don't worry so much with your crit until you achive the first 2.
Always gem Str.

Corbusier
04-03-2008, 07:23 AM
Your hit rating is way too low.
Your weapons aren't enchanted.
You socketed hit & agility.
Your boots have a stam enchant.
Your chest isn't enchanted.
You're using a metagem that isn't a Relentless Earthstorm Diamond.
Your pants don't have an armor kit.
You're specced 1/2 Imp Overpower, I hope you don't use that in raids.

You also have lackluster PvP gear in slots that have much better options available in PvE.

MasterWolf
04-03-2008, 08:10 AM
Hit Rating 93
Stack Str until you are at 3k raid buffed

Man... I want me some of THAT.

Corbusier
04-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Man... I want me some of THAT.

I sit at anywhere from 3400 to 4600 AP raid-buffed (1951 completely unbuffed), it's not all that unusual for fury.

Kazeyonoma
04-03-2008, 09:02 AM
yeh, at about 1950 unbuffed you can break 3k fully buffed because bshout gives you 381 fully spec'd, rampage gives you 250, which puts you already at:
2581. Take into account BoK and BoMight and you easily break 3k.

lif
04-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks a lot guys. :P

Gorgrim Warcry
04-03-2008, 11:34 AM
should add about the gems, use bold living rubies if the bonus is anything other than Crit/Str. Use the purple and orange gems whos name escapes me that have str on them to get a crit or str bonus.

Gorgrim Warcry
04-03-2008, 11:35 AM
I hit 3k buffed and I'm MS/slam specced :P

lif
04-03-2008, 04:07 PM
should add about the gems, use bold living rubies if the bonus is anything other than Crit/Str. Use the purple and orange gems whos name escapes me that have str on them to get a crit or str bonus.

thanks i was just wondering about that one :P

ebs2002
04-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Red: +8str (or +20ap is good, +16ap is not though because that doesn't scale with kings like a bold living ruby does)
Yellow: +4str +4crit. Don't gem for hit, you should get to 9% hit just fine if you're geared correctly
Blue: +4str +6sta. Don't put an agi gem here, you get most of your damage with Attack Power currently.

Most of your +hit problems are because you have some pvp gear on, which ignore +hit and instead gives you +resil. If you got pve replacements for your boots and bracers, they'd have hit on them. The exception to this is the chest and legs, which have +hit on them already. I'd suggest spending your next arena points on the S3 legs; I just made the change for my dps kit and I'm loving it.

Also...get rid of that +5mana enchant on your chest :-p
Hit exalted with aldor/scryers and get the better shoulder inscription

And regarding your skill rotation...you didn't mention keeping Rampage up the whole time. You're doing this, right?

Ceravantes
04-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Inscribed Noble Topaz and Sovereign nightseye

And 20 ap isnt good either, if you are gemming with epics you gem 10 str not 20 ap, The only exception would be the quest gem from magisters terrace, and only use that 20 ap gem if you can not use a 10 str instead.

ebs2002
04-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Well yes, obviously if you have 10str available than 20ap isn't good. I was going off the basis of no epic gems :)

The MrT quest gem isn't the only one; there's also Bold Ornate Ruby (and I guess I should also mention Inscribed Ornate Topaz as being better than a +4str +4crit gem). They're unique equipped, but buyable with honor. It's something I overlooked for a long time, and as soon as I'm done buying the rest of my pvp set (I still have the 16k honor trinket and s3 boots), I'm going to always have those two gems socketed into my DPS set (and the 10crit rating one in my arms-pvp set). There's just no reason not to have it.

lif
04-05-2008, 02:19 AM
Well yes, obviously if you have 10str available than 20ap isn't good. I was going off the basis of no epic gems :)

The MrT quest gem isn't the only one; there's also Bold Ornate Ruby (and I guess I should also mention Inscribed Ornate Topaz as being better than a +4str +4crit gem). They're unique equipped, but buyable with honor. It's something I overlooked for a long time, and as soon as I'm done buying the rest of my pvp set (I still have the 16k honor trinket and s3 boots), I'm going to always have those two gems socketed into my DPS set (and the 10crit rating one in my arms-pvp set). There's just no reason not to have it.

Well, before I checked back and read how important gems were from you two, I tested out what it would be like with more or less +hit, and it upped my dps significantly, but not enough.

Take a look at my armory and see what I can improve on please! :P and i still have +5 mana on my chest (inside rl friend joke, but even other people find it kind of funny)

heres a link to my armory

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tichondrius&n=Liful)

EDIT: Also, yes, I am well aware that I made the "mistake" of gemming for hit, the gems are just for testing.

Ceravantes
04-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Gemming for +hit is bad, you should not have a single +hit gem in your entire set up. Regemming for 8 Str would net you a 158 AP gain with Kings, which is more signifigant than 72 Hit rating, Realistically, once you reach 9% hit (through gear and talents) str/ap and crit become more important.

As far as gear upgrades, Ill give you one or two for each slot that you should be able to obtain given what your current gear tells me about your content, and from what I remember of Black Listed Before I xfered off of Tich. I will give you one or two upgrades for any slot that can be upgraded, and if we skip a slot, there isnt really an upgrade.

Helm
Vengeful Gladiator's Plate Helm <Destroyer Battle-Helm

Shoulders
Destroyer Shoulderblades<Pauldrons of the Wardancer<Ripfiend Shoulderplates

Back
Technically there are some Cloaks rated better here, i would jsut stick with Dorys myself, so i am leaving this blank

Wrist
Master Assassin Wristwraps<Bladespire Warbands<bracers of Eradication

Legs
Your legs are incredibly bad, and there are literally more than 10 easily obtainable upgrades. I am gonna jsut give you one upgrade here, and I would strongly suggest spending your badges on new legs as one of your first upgrades. Legplates of Unending Fury If you can get your hands on Vengeful or solarions legs beforehand that would be fine as well.

Boots
Skullshatter Warboots<Nyn'Jah's Tabi Boots

Rings
There are a ton of rings as well, and I dont feel it necessary to list them all, Vindicators is better than both rings you are wearing, and using the master assassin ring from Kara is an easy way to boost your hit without taking much of a loss, Lurkers Ring, Prince's Ring and the 3rd chest ring from za are all upgrades as well.

Trinkets
Keep Shard of Contempt, get rid of Bladefists Breadth ASAP, your best bet would be Assassins Alchemist Stone for a quick and easy upgrade Bloodlust Brooch would be ok as well.

Ranged
Stick with what you have until you can make up teh hit elsewhere, then you could easily buy Barrel Bladed LongrifleOff the ah, since Domwalkers loot is BoE now, vengeful or merciless War edge is another quick and easy upgrade.

Weapons
Not gonna get into Weapons with you, slow High top end/median dmg main hand, DPS and stats are more important for Off hand, figure out yur own upgrades there.

Again, follow the gemming advice laid out above, never gem for Hit.

Corbusier
04-05-2008, 02:37 PM
It's worth mentioning that the leather badge pants are slightly better than the plate ones.

Ciderhelm
04-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Corbusier your avatar and your signature sucks

Corbusier
04-05-2008, 03:51 PM
yes i needs new ones

lif
04-05-2008, 03:57 PM
It's worth mentioning that the leather badge pants are slightly better than the plate ones.

Shallow-grave Trousers are better then Bloodthirsters?

Corbusier
04-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Shallow-grave Trousers are better then Bloodthirsters?

no, these:
Trousers of the Scryers' Retainer - Items - WOWDB (http://www.wowdb.com/item.aspx?id=34928)

Ceravantes
04-05-2008, 06:27 PM
How are they better?

You give up 43 agility and 6 hit rating for 43 haste rating, on top of gaining a few additional ap with Kings from Str over direct ap. You lose right around 1&#37; crit, and ofcourse armor and dodge which dont mean anything really in this scenario.

Corbusier
04-05-2008, 09:57 PM
How are they better? Put them into the EJ spreadsheet and see.

Ceravantes
04-06-2008, 08:59 AM
Put em into maxdps and see.

But I explained why I dont think they are better, I am not saying they are worse either, they are really about the same when it comes down to it, though generally as a fury warrior you wont have trouble maintaining a solid crit level, and you would gain more from the passive haste than the crit in many cases, and I am generally the first one to say passive haste items are generally inferior to differently itemized pieces.

If you were gaining anything other than agility, and not losing the potential for additional str they would be far better, but to gain over 2% passive haste for a % of crit when crit levels should not be an issue anyways is not much of a comparison imo.

Corbusier
04-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Maxdps lists the leather ones higher for me as well.

But yes, the difference is very small, both spreadsheets peg the difference at 2 or 3 dps, which is almost negligible.

This is also with my raid-buffed stats, which I input at 3800AP, 36% crit, 139 hit, 180 haste (averaging my Dragonstrike and DST procs).

Ceravantes
04-06-2008, 11:59 AM
I haven't checked wit my stats, which very well may be where the discrepancy comes from, but with the OP's stats, which showed a less than 1 dps difference in the two, with unending fury being on the winning end, given the relatively minimal difference in dps, I would personally opt for plate over the leather in most situations