PDA

View Full Version : 70 Pre-Kara Warrior Gear: Def/Armor/Health vs AP

rackd8ball
04-02-2008, 07:39 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum, a new 70 dwarf warrior looking to gear up for Kara. I've got most of the recommended gear from the Pre-Kara gear list, but I find that while I've gotten Defense to 490, Armor to 12K, and Health to 11K, my attack power is a measly 770, which makes threat generation hard. If I switch gear around and drop to Defense 470, I can get AP back to 900-1000 (mostly with Adamantite Breastplate).

My question is, is 770 enough to MT? How impt is strength/AP to a MT anyway?

-Steve

Naka
04-02-2008, 07:57 AM
Don't bother with attack power. The most vital stats for threat generation are expertise, hit rating and shield block value, in that order.

If you have some badges to spend, you might wanna purchase Brooch of Deftness and/or Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx. Definetely pick up Shapeshifter's Signet once you hit exalted with Lower City.
You can get Nightstrike and Band of Determination from normal Magister's Terrace, and Crystal Band of Valor from (i think heroic) Mana Tombs.

Tatt
04-02-2008, 08:00 AM
why does he need shapeshifter's signet? Band of determination is a much better tank ring for expertise, and he should get one of the kara rings way before he ever hits exalted lower city. Sorry but I always hated that ring.

Roana
04-02-2008, 08:02 AM
Strength/attack power is nice when you get it from buffs (such as Blessing of Might), but not really worth gearing for.

If you have threat problems with equally geared DPSers at your gear level, the problem generally lies with your threat rotation, not your gear. (Or possibly that you're overusing CC in a regular instance.)

Naka
04-02-2008, 09:09 AM
why does he need shapeshifter's signet? Band of determination is a much better tank ring for expertise, and he should get one of the kara rings way before he ever hits exalted lower city. Sorry but I always hated that ring.

The Signet is a great ring. Basically, there is no reason to NOT pick it up when you hit exalted (unless you just can't spend the bucks). That doesn't mean you should grind for it, but as far as i remember, getting Lower City reputation wasn't too hard.
Clearly, Band of Determination is the better overall tanking ring, especially EH-wise, but that doesn't make the signet less valuable. You need to be lucky for the band to drop (for me it didn't drop in like 10 runs so far), and also, there's no reason to not have two rings with expertise, and potentially wear both, depending on the rest of your gear, of course.