PDA

View Full Version : 2.4 Endless Rage

klor
04-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Has anyone tested this? How does it fair? Notice any difference over giving up sweeping strikes? Looking for some feed back or I may just try it myself.

Kazaganthi
04-02-2008, 08:57 AM
I really don't see it being better than enrage in arena. The problem is that you either take enrage, but don't have flurry or tactical mastery or you don't take enrage which is a bad all around idea. I really believe that being more versatile will help you in the long run. Most warriors aren't really rage starved in arena.

Kaz

Kazeyonoma
04-02-2008, 09:50 AM
This answers my other question then Kaz. haha, 25% more damage > 25% more rage imo.

ScientificLee
04-03-2008, 11:34 AM
I tested out endless rage and it didn't fit my play style.

PROS:
Sometimes good when eating through priest shield after a target switch.
Sticking on a druid.

Cons:
Rage inefficient. When I'm getting FF, there are times I would have to switch to DEF stance with a lot of wasted rage. Can't Overpower, which is our most rage effective ability.

Crimsonstorm
04-04-2008, 01:43 PM
I think Endless rage is strong, and 25% more rage always, is better than 25% more dmg during periods where you are being focused and you get crit, and you werent using death wish. Or you can go 41/20 and have both. I think 45/16 is very strong.

I usually have rage problems in arena, especially when no one attacks you (and I have stormherald and full S3 with S2 shoulder). Priests are especially bad. More rage is always helpful, it allows more spamstring, WW, etc. It is extremely annoying to have no rage, you are very ineffective during those times.

ebs2002
04-04-2008, 04:06 PM
In arenas, the general rule of thumb is "ignore the warrior; an arms warrior not being damaged is an arms warrior not dealing damage". While I'm not a heavy arena player (highest 5v5 rating we've had was around 1500 after 10 matches), I can definitely see it being strong at some levels and with a drain team.

If you're on a burst team, though, 31/30 with 5/5 flurry is the best, because Endless Rage and Imp MS isn't going to increase your initial damage as much as 25% haste will.

One of these days when I respec, I'm going to try going 41/20. Something like this: WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Warrior -> Talent Calculator (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warrior/talents.html?0500502135201052100125105500104005000 00000000000000000000000000000)

The one point in Imp Hamstring is variable, and the 2 in Second Wind can be applied to Blood Frenzy if you have more than one melee DPS in your group (I don't)

Kazaganthi
04-05-2008, 04:42 AM
Unless you are crazy enough to pvp as fury, do not, I repeat, do not try and arena without second wind. It is one of the most amazing talents arms warriors have. As for having rage problems, one of the things that will seperate the great warriors from the very good ones is rage management. With proper rage management, you rarely have issues in arena. If you are having trouble with priests, store rage. Hang on him, don't spam hamstring, sunder him fully, and save your rage for when he pops his shield. If you do this the shield is almost instantly gone, and you can then go all out. Make sure you keep your timing down so that you stack up rage right before his shield cooldown is up.

Kaz

Arideni
04-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Isn't the concept behind Endless Rage to offset the increased costs of Imp. MS? So, in that scenario, then Endless Rage has not changed, except that it may now work properly. The real trick is determining what is lost vs. gained by choosing this path, no?

I also disagree with 31/30 builds, Second Wind is just too good to pass up. I'm a fan of Tactical Mastery myself, so asking for Flurry isn't really for me anyway.

ScientificLee
04-06-2008, 12:23 AM
More and more starts are to blow up the warrior. You can't feed the warrior rage in 2s and somewhat in 3s but you can overfeed him rage and make him go defensive or kill him to lose all that rage. Blowing up the warrior is a common strat in 5s especially if the warrior doesn't have TM or is slow going DEF to shield reflect. This is also because warriors tend to tunnel vision and find themselves out of position.

I'll be honest I like Endless Rage. I just like other things more in arena. I'm not saying one spec is superior to the other. Just that for my teammates and my style TM is a must. I think ER could be used very successfully in arena.

ebs2002
04-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Since my last posting, I gave a 33/28 build some attention, and I do have to repeal my initial statement: Second Wind is too good to pass up.

I've yet to be ganged up on early in 5v5 (almost always 2nd to last, or last, to die), but our 5v5 team is just in it for the points and we're hovering 1500 rating.

Syana
04-08-2008, 11:23 AM
In the end, it won't really make or break your team unless you're really competitive at the high end ratings.

I tried Endless Rage before the 2.4 fix and I did fine. In fact, got to 1850 in all 3 brackets with a 45/5/11 spec. Winning really has more to do with your skill, your teammates' skills, and how well you communicate and interact with each other.

Funny, I've been using 33/28 since the patch and it's not much of a difference as far as rating goes.