PDA

View Full Version : Trinket decisions!

Cayleb
04-01-2008, 03:22 AM
So, here I am, finding myself in a fairly interest situation. I ran a single heroic Terrace a few days ago and got the Shard of Contempt to drop. Sweet. I go on somewhat of an impromptu Gruul raid and pick up a DST. Bloody hell, I'm a happy camper. But it begged a question. What trinkets to use? Right now I'm very happy with both the two listed above. But if given the choice, would anyone swap either of those two trinkets out for the Tsunami Talisman, or Berserker's Call?

On another note, just how good is the Shard of Contempt?

Arrivan
04-01-2008, 03:40 AM
Shard of Contempt is the best trinket you can get if you are not already dodge reduction capped according to both hearsay and the EJ Fury warrior spreadsheet. I believe that the Shard + human/orc racial alone are enough to reach the dodge reduction cap with Weapon Mastery. If you can get the T6 belt though you have more trinket options (as I have heard, I'm in no position to get the belt).

Cayleb
04-01-2008, 04:00 AM
Being human, and DWing swords currently along with the Shard, I admit that I noticed absolutely zero dodges(at least on Gruul where I was paying the most attention). I did get bored and hopped over in front with the tank and smacked him until I did get a parry, so, I do know that's not capped for me yet. The tank promptly thanked me for the extra rage from the parry gib.

I'm still fairly interested then, if the Shard is going to be a rock in one trinket spot, if I should actually make a push for Zerker's Call or the Tsunami Talisman, or if the DST is quite fine.

Arrivan
04-01-2008, 04:06 AM
The expertise hard cap (ie, no parries) is much higher than the soft cap (no dodges), especially for a human fury warrior using a mace or sword (or an orc using an axe). For one, Weapon Mastery doesn't affect parries, and bosses have higher parry chances than dodge (I haven't looked too deeply into this, but I know that much). So yeah, stay behind the boss :)

byechee
04-01-2008, 09:58 AM
yeah, as long as the expertise is still removing dodges for you, shard+dst is the best combo for all melee right now.

Crimsonstorm
04-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Shard of Contempt is the #1 dps trinket for warriors (and #1 or 2 for other melee too). Especially as we dont really have any other ways to get expertise. The only way its not the best is if it puts you a lot over the expertise cap.

Berserker's Call and Tsunami Talisman are very close for the 2nd best trinket, and it probably depends on your stats. Go to maxdps.com, plug in your stats, and see which is best. DST is worse than all of those and Madness of the Betrayer, so if you have other options you should let a rogue have it, its much better for rogues.

Corbusier
04-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Maxdps is terrible at trinkets & weapons. EJ spreadsheet is vastly better.

byechee
04-01-2008, 03:05 PM
dst worse than TT and MoTB?? el oh el.

Anik
04-06-2008, 09:39 AM
If you're talking about PvE Slam (in regards to DST) remember you don't want to push your attack speed past 2.5 seconds.

Either way Tsunami Talisman/Shard is probably your best bet unless you have enough crit to support using 2 AP trinkets.

Neophyte
04-10-2008, 01:33 AM
SoC and DST are in the most cases the best trinkets for a dw warrior

my personal ranking for dw warrior (I use Landsouls spreadsheet from EJ forums)

1. Dragonspine Trophy (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28830)
2. Shard of Contempt (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34472)
3. Madness of the Betrayer (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32505)
4. Berserker's Call (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33831)
5. Tsunami Talisman (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30627)

Bananasmasht
04-10-2008, 10:33 AM
ATM I have DST and Dragonstrike. Together with procs and flurry I basically have flurry up 100% now and have enough rage to use heroic strike at any time depending on threat. Im not sure if just DST will be as good, but I find it amazing.

Ukyo
04-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Shard of Contempt is a pretty amazing trinket, the proc is pretty often, and i usually use it when i'm farming along with Shattered Sun Pendant of Resolve. Yes, i know it's for tanking, but with a proc of +100 expertise rating, for farming is pretty good (and for dps isn't that bad either)

Velr
04-11-2008, 02:55 AM
As MS i will probably go with..

Madness of the Betrayer
and the TDM-Heroic one or Tsunami.

I'm coming lower and lower on hit and Madness fixes this :).

Atank
05-01-2008, 07:57 AM
So I realize this is all about fury warriors DPS in general, but assuming my Raid Fury Warr has both the SHard and DST (like the OP), would it be in my raid's best interest to switch out one of those two for Solarian's Sapphire Warrior Trinket?

Currently my melee group is:
Fury
Ret
Enhance
Rogue
Rogue

Now despite reading the Fury Guild version 5, on tankspot which claims Solarian's Warrior trinket is 450+ attack power for the whole group, my fury warr maintains the loss of the DST or SHard would nerf his singular DPS significantly enough for it not to be worth it.

I'm curious if there are any other oppinions on the matter here, like T6 Raiders, are you still using Solarians Sapphire, or did it get replaced?

Thanks,

-Atank
GM Empire
Alliance Detheroc

Crimsonstorm
05-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Actually I was wrong on Dragonspine being lower. Dragonspine is #2 after Shard of Contempt. (Or if its above it, those are definitely the best 2).

Use Shard and Dragonspine.

Maxdps.com doesnt model the dragonspine very well I think. The spreadhsheet at EJ is better for stuff with procs. Other than procs maxdps.com is pretty accurate.

Crimsonstorm
05-01-2008, 10:17 AM
So I realize this is all about fury warriors DPS in general, but assuming my Raid Fury Warr has both the SHard and DST (like the OP), would it be in my raid's best interest to switch out one of those two for Solarian's Sapphire Warrior Trinket?

For optimal raid dps, he should use Shard of Contempt and Solarian's Sapphire. Shard is about 10 dps better than Dragonspine on my sheet.

On my spreadsheet, dropping Dragonspine for Solarians loses like 30-35 personal dps (you gain some back from the extra AP youre getting personally). It'll add like 20-30 dps to each other group member, far outweighing that loss.

Not using Solarian's when in a melee group, is selfish. (Unless you have two dps warriors in the group who each have it, then one should use it and the other doesnt have to).

Solarian's is +88 AP to each group memeber, assuming you have 5/5 Commanding Presence.