PDA

View Full Version : Hit and Crit Rating

Kilogram
03-31-2008, 03:20 PM
I have never played a fury warrior and know little about it as a tree in general. My brother is considering leveling up one though and i have a few quick questions.
1) At what level should he start picking up hit and crit gear?
2) Whats a good hit rating to shoot for pre raiding? Crit rating?

He plans on going protection to tank heroics and get the gear necessary to be decent in kara.

1) I have heard that it is possible and some what easy to tank heroics in full pvp gear? Is this true?

Thanks in advance

Tristessa
03-31-2008, 10:38 PM
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/damage-per-second-discussion/32361-dw-fury-guide-4th-edition.html

It's at the top of this page, mate... =p

To answer your second question, yes and no. Using full pvp gear will make your uncrittable due to resilience, however it's still more desirable to get "proper" tanking gear. Resilience is nice to cover up gaps and lower the 485 defense skill requirement (for Heroics).

Reasons are as follows (please correct me if I'm wrong here):
*. any extra resilience over 213 is "wasted" where being uncrittable is concerned, assuming your defense skill is 350
*. the "reduces damage when critted" from resilience will be useless, since you won't be critted once you reach the 5.4% cap
*. avoidance and mitigation will be low when using gear with resilience rating compared to gear with defense rating (increasing defense will increase chance to miss, dodge, block and parry as well)
*. pvp gear will most likely not give you any tanking-specific attributes; like dodge%, parry%, block% and block value.

GarrettJaxx
04-01-2008, 07:35 AM
*. pvp gear will most likely not give you any tanking-specific attributes; like dodge%, parry%, block% and block value.

This is the number 1 reason not to tank Heroics in PvP gear. Your damage mitigation will be relegated to armor and health. That makes your healers work harder on your than potentially is necessary. Also, might seriously gimp your Defense which will screw your Shield Block.

Crimsonstorm
04-01-2008, 01:47 PM
1) I have heard that it is possible and some what easy to tank heroics in full pvp gear? Is this true?

Yes. They have high armor and stam, and provide good threat, while also making you uncrittable. This is assuming youre doing it in S2/S3 gear, not pvp blues. The reason the pvp stuff is good for tanking is because its very high Item Level. An iLvl 146 pvp item > level 115 kara tank piece for tanking. They are better because theyre like 30 levels higher. They arent better than equivalent level tanking pieces of course.

kittikat
04-06-2008, 10:31 AM
*. the "reduces damage when critted" from resilience will be useless, since you won't be critted once you reach the 5.4% capCorrect me if I'm wrong, but Crit Avoidance cap is 5.6%

Gravy
04-07-2008, 01:56 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Crit Avoidance cap is 5.6%

It's 5.6% agianst raid bosses/level 73's. In heroics the highest level mobs are 72 so crit cap is lower.

schoeps
04-07-2008, 09:00 AM
I have never played a fury warrior and know little about it as a tree in general. My brother is considering leveling up one though and i have a few quick questions.

He plans on going protection to tank heroics and get the gear necessary to be decent in kara.

Thanks in advance

You were fury/MS when you were in Nax, and you still go DW when Rockman or Rob tanks. You actually do pretty good DW damage even with you current spec. It's weird talking to myself!

schoeps

kittikat
04-07-2008, 09:11 AM
It's 5.6% agianst raid bosses/level 73's. In heroics the highest level mobs are 72 so crit cap is lower.
ah HA!! I missed the part about gearing for heroics. my fault XD

Arrith
04-07-2008, 05:01 PM

Thanks in advance

Not to hijack the thread or anything but next time you plan to steal someones identity don't do it on a site we all read mate

1) all levels
2) 9% and 24%+ crit
3) Yes
4) Don't steal people's identity :P