PDA

View Full Version : A pre-70 Warrior's prep for endgame

Synza
03-31-2008, 02:36 PM
I've been protection since I moved to outlands, I figured if I spent this time on gearing myself and getting to know my role I'd be ready to move onto heroics/karazhan pretty much as soon as I dinged 70... At the minute I'm not sure if I'll achieve this at this rate. Any comments on my talent build/gear is greatly appreciated.

NOTE: Sometimes I log off with two 1h swords equipped (since I do that to quest in 'zerker stance), if that's the case then you should know that the shield I'm using currently is Shield Of The Void from Mana-Tombs (I think it's from there...) and it adds 2 to my defense skill as well as bringing my armour up to around 10.5k (53.4% damage reduction).

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alonsus&n=Synza)

Thanks alot :)

SunChilde
04-03-2008, 05:11 AM
First recommendation: Go check out WoW Forums -> ***Beginners Guide to Pre-Karazhan Gearing*** (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=3421023546&sid=1)
that has a listing of most of the best gear for tanking pre-kara/heroics.
You are stacking a lot of non-tanking stats. AP is not very useful as a tank (your cape in this case) and at this stage (at least in my experience) you are a long way off from tanking anything but slave pens ( stuff in there hits softer than the stuff in regular arc )

Take a look at my gear (and hope that armory shows my tanking gear) as most of it is basic attainable at or before 70 gear. Start doing the quest chain for arcatraz key and get that belt. Great belt. Get the entire felsteel set. It has proven to be superior to anything else attainable at that level (including timewarden's leggings) and is cheap.

At this stage you just need to check out that sticky in the blizz forums and try get as much of that as possible. PvP shoulders too perhaps, tons of stam and armour.

Synza
04-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the input, I've tried to get some of the stuff in that sticky... but groups are always hard to find.