PDA

View Full Version : Enchant Chest - Defense

Trammel
03-31-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm sorry, I have looked around and can't seem to find a good article / discussion on this new enchant. I am curious about the numbers and how it compares against other chest enchants.

There was a nice comment on wowhead but I tend to like to read a bit more before I make my decision.

If there is a thread some where out there could someone care to provide a link?

ebs2002
03-31-2008, 04:01 PM
There's not a thread specifically discussing the new chest enchant, but there is one for the new cloak enchant (and the verdict is: it's not worth it for a warrior, unless you're going for passive uncrushability).

For the new chest enchant, It's the best avoidance enchant you can get (12 defense rating versus 150hp versus +8 to stats). It's the most avoidance you can get. However, I'm not sure it's worth the 150hp.

Pros:
1) 150hp doesn't scale like a 15sta or 12sta gem would, so you're not losing any benefits from your spec/race/kings buff
2) It's only the equivalent of 12.3sta that you're losing out on. When gemming, your options are 8def, 4def/6sta, or 12sta. That shows that 12def is better than 12sta from a gemming perspective

Cons:
1) It's not really in the EH Mentality
2) People really only swap out their 12sta gems for the 4def/6sta if they're getting a socket bonus. You don't have an "enchanting bonus" to shoot for

My opinion is, only use it if you have a specific chest for avoidance only, or if you are dropping low on defense. I'll probably put it on my Bulwark of the Ancient Kings once the 2.4 badge vendor goes live.

sevve
04-01-2008, 03:24 AM
It's a big help for achieving crit immunity on resistance sets aswell.

Arrivan
04-01-2008, 03:46 AM
It's probably going on my avoidance chest >_> It's great for reaching passive uncrushability too. However, I get the impression that it was added to help druids reach uncrittable without having to resort to resilience (as well as Steelweave presumably).

Taelas
04-01-2008, 07:27 AM
It's more useful for helping early paladins reaching Holy Shield-uncrushable, in my opinion. Resilience is not that big a loss for a druid, as the PvP items it comes on are generally very good on top of the Resilience.