PDA

View Full Version : Some gear help needed

MasterWolf
03-31-2008, 07:46 AM
Alright, so here's an intro:

I'm not the MT of my guild. Heck, we have so many good tanks I haven't even been getting into many raids until just recently. My guild is doing T5 stuff, and just got into MH, but I have yet to get any gear from any of these runs. But I do MT Kara and ZA and 5-mans, I guess. My badge income hasn't been very high, and I've found myself using crafted epics since I can't seem to get drops.

Anyway, I finally put together my "Serious Tanking" set, for tanking ZA and for when I am asked to tank harder stuff in our raids. and I have 14.5K life, 512 def, and I'm pretty happy with it. I just recently picked up Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx and they're amazing. However, I only have 25 hit rating. With the hit rating food, I think I'd have a decent amount. You see, I've never had trouble maintaining threat on any mob that I am MTing. I average probably 800-1000 TPS on bosses, and either my DPS is really good at holding back, or I'm generating enough aggro. So what I'm wondering then, is with 2.4, should I upgrade using my Blacksmithing.

Currently Have: King's Defender
Could upgrade to: Blazefury

Currently Have: Panzar'Thar Breastplate
Could upgrade to: Bulwark of the Ancient Kings

Now, both of these would also help my DW Devestate set, but I do have the S3 Breastplate already. But BotAK has a ton of hit rating, which would be very nice also.

I don't have the Badge Threat neckpiece, because I figure I'll get the SSO exalted one soon enough. The next Badge piece I'll probably get is Slikk's Cloak of Placation unless I end up saving for the 2.4 stuff. I probably get like 5-10 badges a week. But maybe as I'm starting to raid more I'll get more.