PDA

View Full Version : Request for WWS Report (Lurker)

Signu
03-31-2008, 06:30 AM
I'm looking for WWS reports that have a Lurker fight.

Specifically, I need one with a protection warrior OT and a Fury Warrior DPS.

If someone has one with the warriors mostly in T4 (or equiv) gear, that would be the most useful.

Thanks!

phaze
03-31-2008, 09:10 AM
Lurker is not the most friendly fight for statistics gathering; it alternates between "attack boss" and "move around the ring for melee adds". There's also Spouts and Whirls to avoid, which can further complicate the analysis.

What exactly are you wanting? Perhaps it can be provided with a different WWS?

For DPS evaluations, I prefer Gruul when checking out new damagers. Single attack target for DPS checking, as well as "don't die to Cave In / Shatter" idiot checks. Total damage percentages are biased towards hunters, but the actual DPS values are very useful.

Signu
03-31-2008, 10:13 AM
I'm looking at the amount certain abilities are used (and the damage they contribute). I know my OT is AFU, but I want to be able to show him a report with another Prot OT to see what he should be cabable of. My Fury warrior only used HS 17 times for the whole kill fight and I wasn't sure how that compares to other Fury warriors (are they that rage starved?).

Rak
03-31-2008, 11:08 AM
Fury warriors... rage starved? That is a contradiction.

phaze
03-31-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm looking at the amount certain abilities are used (and the damage they contribute). I know my OT is AFU, but I want to be able to show him a report with another Prot OT to see what he should be cabable of.

On this fight, your OT isn't there for damage. Their job is to control the additional melee add(s), so the MT can be in position when Lurker re-emerges.

As long as your Warrior OT handles that part correctly, you can ignore their damage output on this fight.

For fights where your Warrior OT isn't expected to tank: make sure they dress like a DW Fury Warrior, and use lots of Devastate / WW.

My Fury warrior only used HS 17 times for the whole kill fight
Point your DPS warriors to the DPS Discussion forum on these boards, and have them read Meeks' guides.

Pagezero
03-31-2008, 12:21 PM
I would agree with Phaze the OT's main role is tanking the adds. We usually have a druid OT, we had him try to tank the adds in DPS gear once, he was quickly killed and we decided tanking gear is better and we would live with the lower DPS.

Here is a WWS log of one of our recent Luker kills with a Fury Warrior and Arm Warrior. Kaihen is furry and Grumbull is arms, Kaihen is also much better geared. Also note a druid and enhancement shammy were in their group. The druid OT is Kilibora.

Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/ljftwa4k6ds6e?s=6401-6793)

Signu
03-31-2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks, Pagezero. That was exactly what I was looking for to compare against my Fury warrior.

Phaze:

I know my OT isn't there for damage. And we kill or CC the all the adds by the time Lurker comes back. The whole time Lurker is attackable, the OT is attacking him. The problem is his choice of attacks (favoring Heroic Strike). I want to show him another WWS report with a warrior OT so I can show him what someone doing it right does. Is that too much to ask?

phaze
03-31-2008, 02:02 PM
The problem is his choice of attacks (favoring Heroic Strike). I want to show him another WWS report with a warrior OT so I can show him what someone doing it right does. Is that too much to ask?
I'd just tell him to focus more on Devastate, and skip Heroic Strike if his rage bar isn't filling up. A full parse isn't really needed, since it's nothing out of the ordinary compared to any other OT situation.

As for available WWS for a Prot Warrior OT: Here's one of ours (http://wowwebstats.com/hkcrsge3gmo21?s=4084-4734) from a few weeks ago (hopefully the server keeps it around long enough for you). Kios is the MT for this fight, Aesma is the OT.

Signu
04-01-2008, 05:24 AM
I know what to tell him... I've told him before. I figure it'll help for him to actually see something else.

Thanks!

Lavache
04-02-2008, 08:46 AM
here is an older report (http://wowwebstats.com/gf1d1cjbi1pem), but it has an arms warrior and a fury warrior in it, in addition to prot warriors as OT.