PDA

View Full Version : Brutallus Trinket Selection

shorto85
03-31-2008, 02:07 AM
So I've been torn on which trinkets to wear while tanking Brutallus. The main thing I'm having a tough time deciding on is if I should have 2 click trinkets so I can use them when I eat a stomp or if I should use my Commendation of Kael'thas for the passive effect. I have access to any trinket I need but the main setups I was looking into:

Option 1:
Scarab of Displacement
Commendation of Kael'thas

Option 2:
Scarab of Displacement
Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch

Option 3:
Shadowmoon Insignia

Option 4:
Scarab of Displacement
Shadowmoon Insignia

I'm open for suggestions on any other combinations I didn't list as well.

Narshe
03-31-2008, 05:27 AM
Moroes + Shadowmoon Insignia will provide the highest avoidance. But I can't decide if I would use a Commendation yet. (I need to make it drop aswell >.<!!!)

Radhja
03-31-2008, 05:45 AM
I concur... Shadowmoon + Commendation looks to be your best option for Brutallis...

brain9h
03-31-2008, 06:13 AM
Commendation rocks.

Im using option 1, commendation + scarab

Dragaan
04-06-2008, 08:33 AM
not giving this much thought before i reply... but, why would you consider using option 1 over option 3? I can't see the scarab being an option over shadowmoon insignia in any situation.

Murdog
04-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Im using option 3 for Brutallis

Worldie
04-06-2008, 05:16 PM
The commendation is pure sex.

Zasm
04-06-2008, 07:05 PM
I was using option 3 for about 11 attempts and like clockwork i kept getting clowned consistently. For Brut you have to go full avoidance and really just sacrifice everything.

In my avoidance im @ about: 31.3&#37;D, 23.9%P, 9.3%Miss with 19.1k w/o food and flasks.

His damage output is crazy.. I tried going for more EH setup but the result was still pretty much the same. Great avoidance gear really is needed for him.

Option 4 imo.

Edgewalker
04-07-2008, 11:54 PM
If you aren't using Moroes, you are awful.

Zph
04-08-2008, 06:56 AM
After testing a few different gear setups and trinket swaps, I ended up using
Shadowmoon Insignia
I've had a very good time with those two.

Though,
Is not bad either.

ttocs
04-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Never had Moroes drop, after who knows how many kara runs. I see it just about every time I go on my rogue though, go figure.

When we attempted him last week, I rolled with Commendation and Shadowmoon Insignia. Raid buffed, 33&#37; D, 19.5% P, 545 defense. 23K HP raid buffed, with around 19.5K armor without ironshield.

I managed to do ok, and I was usually kept above 35% pre-stomp. When stomp came up, I would likely drop low enough for the trinket to proc, and with that and mongoose, it was 45% dodge.

Did OK, even managed to survive a couple times with a dead MT healer. I would use Shadowmoon right before a stomp, then a Nightmare seed, then Last Stand, rinse repeat (except sub LS for SW for the last one).

Paruhdox
04-11-2008, 07:08 AM
Pocketwatch + commendation is what I used that is by far the best combo possible for the use effect.... while shadowmoon insignia is good the use is not nearly as useful for this encounter.